*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

So Tired...

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by eyepilot13, Feb 28, 2023.

1. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Dear Deb, so sorry to hear about what you've been going through, I want to wish you all the best and a speedy recovery.
    Sending you and Skye lots of hugs.
    Rose.

DEB321, Gary166 and Van Gogh like this.
  2. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Dear Louster, John, The Godfather, you are an inspiration to us all. I am so happy for you when I read your posts signed by "Not so Lonesome Lou". Keep it up!
    A hug to you.
    Rose.

3. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

These words express so well my inner thoughts which I often find so difficult to put into words.
    Thank you so much.
    Rose.

4. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

La Rose, both you and I have come a long
    way since we joined GIC, devastated,
    frightened, angry, depressed, crying, and
    alone. I don't feel the intensity of these
    emotions now. I do occasionally feel all
    of these things, but I " brush myself off and
    get back in the race" , as Sinatra sings in
    his uplifting That's Life. I plan my
    weekends of dancing to live music,
    especially blues and country music , with
    THREE women, with whom I hug, instead
    of just one. As I've said to DEB, Karen,
    Robin, you, and other Grief Warriors,
    after 25 years of marriage, I don't want to
    be married again. I've become like
    Jonathan Santlofer, who wrote The
    Widower's Notebook, a memoir. Lou T.

DEB321, Rose69 and Gary166 like this.
  5. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Rose,

Thank you for all the good wishes, and for all the hugs. Hugs are another one of those things I can NEVER!!! get enough of, TUTTAM!!! My father died from sepsis, so I'm feeling extra lucky, as Bob would say, "to be on the right side of the dirt!!!," TUTTAM!!! It wasn't in God's plan for me to leave earth this soon. I believe God put Skye in my life, knowing that together, Skye and I would make a good team. Skye will someday enjoy working as a therapy dog, and I will enjoy watching her make people smile...

Backing up a bit to over two years ago, prior to Bob's death, I was taking a walk and saw a woman walking two adorable dogs. I asked if I could pat them, and while I was giving them some TLC, the woman told me she walks dogs, trains, and boards them in her home. I liked her and remembered her name and where she lives. Fast forward to after I brought home Skye. I was walking her one day when I saw the same woman walking one of my neighbor's dogs. She didn't remember me at first, but I remembered her. She asked if she could take a picture of me and Skye. We talked for a couple of minutes, put each other's names and numbers into our phones, and walked in opposite directions.

When I got out of the hospital and needed someone to walk Skye at night, I called her. When I saw the things she could get Skye to do, all within five minutes, without using treats, I was over the top impressed. I've been calling her the "dog whisperer" ever since. Backing up a bit, I was going to bring Skye to classes, every Tuesday evening at 5 p.m. I was willing to put up with an inconvenient location and time, because of the excellent reputation the dog trainer has working with rescues. I had to cancel the classes while I was in the hospital.

Back to the present, the woman who walks Skye at night offered to give us private lessons free of charge. She fell in love with Skye, believes Skye will enjoy working as a therapy dog, and said she is grateful to me for adopting a rescue. I told her I would feel better if she would let me pay her but she refused. She works with Skye during her before bedtime walks. As soon as I can get back to my "normal" life, she will meet with us during the day. She said she will teach Skye everything she needs to know in order to pass the Canine Good Citizen test.

The other night she was a half hour late getting here. I was beginning to worry about her, and was about to call her, when she arrived. I asked her if she was okay. She said "no," tears were streaming down her face. I gave her a big hug and some tissues. Her sister has Parkinson's and isn't expected to live much longer. I told her a little bit about Bob, and to call me whenever she wants/needs to talk, or just drop by. We're going to get together. Both of us think we're going to become good friends. I needed someone to help me with Skye, and she needed a "grief buddy." God gave us each other.

I have no idea where I was going with this story, but wanted to share, lol...

I hope you're having as good a day as possible in this totally f*cked up, bittersweet world, TUTTAM!!!, we've been thrown into.

As always, sending you lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB & Skye

6. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

32623StormyOnes.jpg 32623TheSentinal InsdieAnApple.jpg
    I hope it's never too late for wednesday art I have been so out of it lately with self ndulgence. self thinking stuff that I can only communbicate through art. I am just sick of being unhappy too!

DEB321, Rose69, Gary166 and 1 other person like this.
  7. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

No George it’s never too late! I don’t know how you do it. But you never disappoint. As always they’re beautiful and give me a reason to smile. Robin

8. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

Deb, so inspiring your words, thank you. K

9. Van Gogh

Debster, this is one of the best nonfiction
    "books" you've ever written for us. I know
    you have trouble receiving compliments,
    but it's my duty to do so. This moving
    story with your new friend, the " dog
    whisperer", is better than most stories in
    Reader's Digest. It's wonderful to have you
    back after your hospital ordeal. Hope you
    recover soon, to take walks with your
    faithful companion, Skye. Louster

10. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

They're great George. There are times when communicating through art expresses feelings more than words can ever say, helping to release that turmoil going on in our existence, lighting up our dark moods.Thank you.
    Rose

11. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Deb, what a touching, beautiful story about the 'dog whisperer'.
    ❤️

Rose

12. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

George,

While enjoying my second cup of caffeine, I decided to check in, see how TGW are doing. Your artwork made me smile... To repeat myself once again, something I do quite well, lol!!!, smiles are one thing I can NEVER!!! get enough of, TUTTAM!!!

I HATE!!!, TUTTAM!!! that you've been struggling so much, but, and this is another one of those really BIG!!! BUTS!!!, I love how in spite of all the pain you're in, you think about all of us, and through your beautiful creations, make all of our lives a little bit brighter, a little bit better...

As always, sending you zillions of hugs, lots of love, wishing you peace, all of us peace, all the way from TUTTAMVILLE. DEB & Skye

13. Van Gogh

Debster, over MY 2nd cup of caffeine, it's
    a pleasure to see you on here this cold,
    but sunny morning, bringing comfort and
    praise to Bro George. I speak for many of
    TGW to say how happy we are that you're
    home, recovering, with Skyester , in
    TUTTAMVILLE ( another George creation
    which cracks me up). Dancing Lousterino

14. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

15. eyepilot13

33123Dyotmelle.jpg 33123OverTheMountain.jpg

I am feeling so MIA. The only way I can communicate these daze is through art. I had some heavy sessions with the therapist and I now know what I need to do but it tremendously difficult... I need to LET GO! Easier said than done. I wish all the GWs out there my deepest love and caring. I feel so inward these daze... self reflective and serious feeling... I will keep posting art as my way of reaching out and on connecting somehow!

Gary166, Rose69, DEB321 and 1 other person like this.
  16. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

George,

I'm so sorry you're struggling so much... I'm glad you're seeing a therapist, and are doing everything you possibly can to help yourself. You are the UGW!!!, TUTTAM!!!

It's morphed into a windy, nasty day, rain on the way... Coming here, seeing your artwork has made my day a little nicer, a little brighter. As always, thank you for sharing your beautiful creations with us.

Sending you lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace, all the way from TUTTAMVILLE. Debster and Skyester

17. eyepilot13

Thanks the Deb. Greetings to the DEB and all GWs! I think I can string a few phrases together. Actually ben doing a lot of writing and art last week. Just journal writing and crazy poetry shit. Dialysis was so tedious and boring, I'm in a non-reading phase. So boring at D! They were having trouble sticking needles in me so loud constant machine beeping. And it got bitterly cold here after a warmish day.. of ThundarSturms. Blech.
    4123BulletzForBladders a.jpg
    4123BulletzForBladders a.jpg

Countess Joy, DEB321, Gary166 and 2 others like this.
  18. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Great drawings George, keep it up!
    Sorry you had a bad time at your dialysis. We are all with you here cheering you on, even though we can't hear or see each other.
    We have more cold weather lined up for next week. When will it end?

Take care.
    Rose, from windy, cold, not so sunny Italy.

DEB321, eyepilot13 and Gary166 like this.
  19. Countess Joy

20. Countess Joy