*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

So Tired...

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by eyepilot13, Feb 28, 2023.

1. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

2. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Thanks, Summer. As much as I'm looking
    forward to my favorite season, summer,
    bc of my dancing women friends, I'm
    enjoying my time now. I did choke up a
    little when you said "Linda is watcbing
    over you". I feel she is, and that's the big
    reason I bring her cane, and talk about her
    with my dancing friends. Lou

RLC, DEB321 and Rose69 like this.
  3. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Lou, funny you should mention John Travolta. I actually thought of comparing you to him once when reading one of your posts about your dance nights.
    Take care out there in the cold, you wouldn't want to catch a "night fever", would you? o_OSorry, I just couldn't resist the play on words.
    Rose

4. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Hi Robin, just noticed that you and Lou are both on line at the moment too.
    Great to "speak" to you all again, it was upsetting seeing the site down for two days.
    I hope you don't get snow, we're actually going through a thunderstorm at the moment, southern winds drastically changing to North winds.

Rose

5. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Louster,

LOVE!!! your way of thinking!!!, TUTTAM!!!

Hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace, all the way from TUTTAMVILLE. DEB & Skye, a/k/a, the angel/devil dog

Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  6. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

George,

It's so good to "see" you, to "see" everyone again!!!, TUTTAM!!!

Thanks for making TUTTAMVILLE a little brighter today...
    '
    As always, lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. Debster and Skyester

eyepilot13, Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  7. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

George,

I love all of your way beyond beautiful creations, but, and this is another one of those really BIG!!! BUTS!!!, I especially love!!! numbers 1, 3 and 5!!!, TUTTAM!!!
    I feel like I hit the jackpot today, lol...

Sort of on, sort of off topic, if I ever won the lottery, I would buy a tropical island in the most beautiful place on earth, and build a house for every GW, all ocean front properties... We would have a private plane stop at everyone's house, fly all of us to our private island, where we could spend as many days as we want, relaxing, soaking up the rays, sharing lots of lol!!!... Just enjoying spending lots of quality time together...

Daydreaming can be a very good thing!!!, TUTTAM!!!

Sending lots more hugs and love your way, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB & Skye

Gary166, RLC, eyepilot13 and 3 others like this.
  8. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Rose,

I missed everyone so much too!!!, TUTTAM!!! So glad our GIC "family" is back together again!!!, TUTTAM!!!

Sending you lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. Debster and Skyester

Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  9. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

eyepilot13, Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  10. Deborah A.

Deborah A. Well-Known Member

We are expecting yet another storm here in MN. So far, we’ve seen over 80 inches of snow. I’m so tired of it, but I do realize that others have it worse. What can I do? There will be no warm hugs to get me through.

I’m wondering if these conversations are easier to follow on a computer? I feel like I struggle to follow all of the threads. Maybe I am just old and a technology idiot. I’m trying to stay connected! Let me know how you all are doing, please!! It helps me more than I can possibly express!

Gary166, eyepilot13, RLC and 2 others like this.
  11. Van Gogh

Deb, when I joined GIC in July, 2021, I
    was insecure, frustrated, and angry that I
    wasn't "doing it right". I emailed the
    founder, Karyn Arnold, bc I was about to
    give up. She was sympathetic, and helped
    me, along with Robin. I have only the
    one Android Smart Phone, no laptop, and
    I'm doing fine now. Hearing about your
    endless snowstorms in Minn., makes me
    grateful to live on the Massachusetts coast.
    We tend to get more heavy winds and
    rain, except for one tough year several yrs
    ago. I don't think I could stand living in
    your state, bc I like to walk everywhere,
    and snow & ice would hinder me. I hope
    you can move someday. Lou

Gary166, Rose69 and eyepilot13 like this.
  12. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Deborah, I’m sorry you’re getting yet more snow. That’s a lot! Too much! I got 3” yesterday. I’ve hardly had snow this winter and I’m afraid to even talk about it cause I don’t want to jinx it. I am having gale force winds. But no issues from it, yet. I agree it can be difficult to follow all all the conversations. You are not a technology idiot. There’s a lot going on and our brains are a little bit foggy making things worse. I personally tend to shut down when I’m feeling extra anxious or emotional and then when I come back usually so much has happened it’s hard to catch up. I agree with you that communication and staying connected is a key roll in our sanity. I’ve been feeling a little down and I believe a lot of that comes from the dark dreary days of winter. I’ve started making myself cook more. Not sure it helps but it’s healthier eating. I miss cooking for Ron, that’s why I kind of stopped cooking. Deborah we’ll all get through. Spring is so close and it’ll feel so good. We’re here for you as you know. We’re all in this new life that we didn’t ask for, together. Sending you hugs and prayers Robin

Gary166, Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  13. cjpines

DB That is way too much snow. Yes, easier to follow on a computer which is what I use. I really don't know how anyone can use a cell for all these chats. That little screen and typing on that tiny keyboard would drive me crazy. I know you can talk into it, but the words come out a little jumbled.

I know others such as yourself are having a very bad winter, so I shouldn't complain. Calif is having very unusual storms lots of flooding, snow, trees down, etc. I've just about had it and like you said no warm hugs. But, we don't have any control over mother nature we just have to move through it the best we can. It does seem harder without our love one to keep us company. Losing our spouse makes winters magnified. It comforts me to know this forum is one "BIG" hug.

It's been a little over two years for me and still a struggle in griefland. But, I do have some good days now which is progress, little by little we will get through. Ms Hum (which makes me laugh) Karen

14. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Thank you Rose, it is nice to have the site back and all our friends here again. I did get some snow but not too much. About 3”, right now it’s terribly windy. I hope your weather has cleared. Winter sure can be rough. None of this cold dark days of winter ever used to bother me at all. Waiting for spring! Robin

Rose69, Van Gogh and eyepilot13 like this.
  15. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Deb I’m in love with your dream! Nothing wrong with dreaming. Doesn’t cost anything to dream and can bring a smile.
    Skye sounds like my daughters dog. Super energetic and always into something. But very loving! Robin

Rose69, Van Gogh and eyepilot13 like this.
  16. Deborah A.

Deborah A. Well-Known Member

Tomorrow is 4 years since Steve died. I just can’t help but think that I haven’t gone about this grieving in the right way. I’m still feeling like I’m not as far along in the process as I should be. How do you move on? I’m not entirely sure that I know. I work, I go to church, and I meet with friends. I just feel like I’m a bumbler. That’s me! Call me the bumbler.

Gary166, eyepilot13, Rose69 and 2 others like this.
  17. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Deborah, There’s no right way or wrong way. No time frame. I lost Ron 4 yrs 4 mos ago, I was feeling better at 3 yrs then I’m feeling right now. It just feels too long, alone way too long. You’re no bumbler. But it tells me how you’re feeling. You’re desperately missing Steve and the wonderful life you had together. sending more hugs.

18. cjpines

Deb A, No, bumbler is not a name for you. There is no time schedule for progress. Don't feel like you should be far along as you should be. I think it's a mistake to put a time on grief because grief has its own schedule we just have to be patience. We've gone through the worst time in our lives, a devastating experience.
    How do you move on? There is no guaranteed answer. Sounds like you're going in the right direction. I'm still questioning moving on too. I think I have gotten so tired of thinking about it, wondering when, wondering how, that I'm at the stage of letting go of these thoughts. It was stressing me out too much. Maybe seeking contentment to start seems peaceful. I think we can worry ourselves too much. Our brains grief so does our bodies with illness and health issues. Before I wake up I pray to our creator, God, thank you for being with me, I'm hanging on to you. Help me get through this day. I talk to Jack asking for his help today. If I don't keep my focus on my mental thoughts I'm in the soup for the day. When Mr. Grief comes to visit I just let him have his way for a time, then when I've had enough I shut the door on him. Okay, Deb I'm jabbering too much, must be this nasty weather. I'm tired of wearing three layers of clothes, two socks, hats -- looking forward to shorts and tee shirts and warm sun. Maybe spring will bring us some contentment. Hang in there, we all are. K

DEB321, Gary166, Sweetcole and 2 others like this.
  19. Van Gogh

Deb, let me say how sorry I am that you
    have to face the sad 4 year anniversary of
    Steve's death. All of The Grief Warriors
    ( TGW) grieve both the same, and
    differently. There is no right way, or time
    limit on our mourning for our soulmates.
    I'm writing this to you from my heart,
    first, without reading the previous replies
    to you. What has worked better for me,
    is to honor Linda's birth date, rather than
    relive her death date. I'm well aware that
    Linda died suddenly , in front of me, right
    before Thanksgiving, 2018, like Robin's
    husband , Ron, but her actual date of
    death is fading, and that's the way I want
    it. Up until recently, I was crying out, and
    talking to Linda every morning. But ,
    one Friday night , before a live band at my
    local cafe, a female friend called me up
    to the dance floor. I use Linda's cane for
    balance when I walk up & down hills. But,
    I felt safe enough to put her cane aside,
    and dance fast, with my eyes open. This
    joyous dancing has led to more, with my
    buddies, and her friends. I point to Linda's
    cane, and tell others she's with me, and
    proud of me. Lou

DEB321, Gary166, Sweetcole and 2 others like this.
  20. cjpines

Summer, something you said here that has triggered my thoughts. "I was feeling better at 3 yrs than I'm feeling right now". I'm finding it to be true, starting on 3 years for me and I'm feeling different, not better just different. I'm wondering if we are in denial. Hard to explain this but maybe part of our brain was kept in denial. Sometimes I look at Jack's picture and say to myself he can't be gone, this is just a dream. Can't explain it right. K

DEB321, Gary166, Countess Joy and 3 others like this.