*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

So broken

Discussion in 'LGBTQ Loss' started by Tina H. Redden, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Tina H. Redden

Tina H. Redden New Member

May 24, 2019 my mama died in my arms after a long fight with many health issues. Then on June 7 two weeks to the day I woke up to find the love of my life for the last 14 years had died in her sleep. I'm having such a hard time dealing with the loss of them both in such a short time. We all loved in this house together and now it feels so empty. I have a friend who lives here still but it's just not the same.

2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Tina, I am so very sorry for all that you are going through. Either one of those losses would be significant, but to have them both so near to one another can make it feel downright impossible to cope. I find so many grievers are coping more than "just" one loss and it can make it hard to know where to start, or who to turn to. Finding good support is really crucial right now and I'm so happy you are reaching out. I find commenting on existing forums brings a greater response, so if you're looking to interact with others here, that can be a tip that helps. We are here to help, so please let me know if there is any further way we can be a support. Please take care~

Tina H. Redden likes this.
  3. Lostmyway22

Lostmyway22 New Member

Hi I just lost my spouse we were together for 30yrs and now I'm here myself .its so empty its only been 2 months but its very hard being alone.

4. MayT

MayT Active Member

How have you been coping? My partner died barely 3 weeks ago. We were together 38 years. It is an agony to get through each day.

5. cg123

cg123 Well-Known Member

It is hard to cope with the death of a loved one and having two within a short period of time is unbearable grief. I know the emptiness and loneliness you are dealing with and my heart goes out to you. There is no easy answer on how to cope with such tragedy -- aside from taking one day at a time. For me, I try to keep myself busy but the quiet times are the hardest especially nights and weekends. I lost my sister whom I lived with and was my best friend about 8 mos ago. She was the last of our family and now it is only me. There are times when I feel stronger and then there are times that I cannot imagine living the rest of my life without her and just start to cry but I know that I have no choice but to go on.... Sending all a big hug.

6. nvcity

nvcity Member

My wife died on December 31, 2018 after being together for 15 years. It is horrible and I relate to what you are saying. My heart goes out to you. I understand it takes baby steps to work through the grief.

7. skies24

skies24 Well-Known Member

I can’t imagine more then one lost. One breaks you down. Pisses you off. Brings out every emotion. No one gets the feelings we are going thur. I’m sorry you have two to go thur. This is such an awful time emotionally. It literally knocks you down. This site does help. It helps me. I vent a lot. It seems to help. No one in my life wants to hear I’m still sad. She literally just passed away in January. Not sure how I’m supposed to be “over it”. I was doing well for a week but Friday is her 33rd birthday. Today it’s hitting me hard. I hope you find peace.