*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Recurring Dreams

Discussion in 'Loss of Sibling' started by MarioKiki, Dec 16, 2021.

1. MarioKiki

MarioKiki Member

I lost my sister in April to a drug overdose. I didn't know she was a user, so to have the toxicology report come back w/ that was a shock in its own. From April to now, I would only casually see my sister in my dreams. For the last few weeks, I've been seeing my sister more often, and when I do see her in my dreams, I sob uncontrollably, or realize she's dead all over again. I wake up feeling emotionally drained because these dreams feel so real. Last night, I saw her again and I was so happy but, same thing -- she was fine and then I remember she's dead. Has this ever happened to anyone? How do you deal with the dreams? Do we just push through? I keep trying to find meaning behind them, but I'm not sure if that's even needed.

2. Katie89

Katie89 New Member

Hi,
    I lost my brother 6 months ago and this has been happening to me as well. I lost my father before and the same thing happened, so with time it will get better and sometimes with medication. I look at it as a way that there trying to contact us and let us know they are still with you and watching over you and protecting you in these difficult times. Though to be honest some of my dreams were nightmares and flashbacks on how the death happened. I have a lot of flashbacks especially during the day when I catch myself not keeping busy, so I try to find little projects to do to keep my mind off of it. It's difficult because sometimes it affects my normal routines and social life. Sometimes talking about it can help you move to the next step of the grief. Either way it never gets better, it just gets easier to cope with.