*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Recovering

Discussion in 'Life After Caregiving' started by clista45, Dec 31, 2016.

1. clista45

clista45 New Member

After a long hard road of 9 years of caring for my husband due to deminia the journey finally ended. A very long and lonely road and placement was so difficult. Now as life goes on I am struggling to see where it will take me. Because of my faith I will go forward!

Patti 67 and Csd1964 like this.
  2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Thank you for being here and for sharing your story. It can be a very long road and a lot to process once our loved one is gone.
    I'm glad you have found the site and hope you find the comfort and support here that you need. Please take care and let us know if you have any questions about the site or anything else ~

3. Sheila512

Sheila512 Well-Known Member

Life does go on and only you can manage the grief you will feel. Remember how much you loved as a couple. Remember those unfinished sentences and inside jokes, those looks of love and caring. Know that he felt your love. Don't try and rush grief. You cant. Let it take the time it needs. May his memory be a blessing to you.

4. Sara K Hatch

Sara K Hatch Well-Known Member

Dear Clista,
    That must have been a very very difficult road caring for your husband. I can't begin to imagine what he went through. Did he have to spend some time in an assisted living facility? What did he finally die from? Do you have children? I understand how faith can carry you along. I take it one day and sometimes one hour at a time. I like this site because we can share our thoughts and grief and how we keep going. Hope to hear from you soon.

Patti 67 likes this.
  5. LauraSW

LauraSW New Member

Dear Clista,
    I hear your pain. I too cared for my husband who was diagnosed with alzheimer's and then stage 4 lung cancer. The journey was long and lonely and overwhelming much of the time. The journey continues even in death.

Patti 67 likes this.