*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Parent Loss in Teenage Years

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by taberml, Apr 26, 2021.

1. taberml

taberml New Member

Hello All,

My name is Madison and I am currently 24 years old, my father died unexpectedly on August 31, 2012 when I was just 15 years old. I am seeking the advice and support of other adults who have experienced parental loss during their teenage years.

Ultimately, I would love input on how some of you have memorialized your parents - the 10 Year anniversary of his passing is next year and I am planning on finally purchasing an urn for his cremated remains.

2. AllisonD94

AllisonD94 Member

I recently lost my mom this past March, at 26 years old, so it's a bit different than a teenager. But this is how I memorialize my mom: I made a playlist of her favorite songs, along with songs to help me grieve. https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3XgdxJegUbT9X33l8MlN7E?si=28fe2cf276f243ce (The first 3 songs are the songs she wants played at her memorial) I also bought a keychain from Etsy, to remember her by. When it gets closer to Christmas, I want to buy an "in memory of" ornament. I talk to her friends, anyone who remembers her, so we exchange stories, so I remember her in a happy sense. It's a bit harder since the loss is so new. I hope one of these suggestions helps some.