*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Not Sure Where To Start...

Discussion in 'Loss of Sibling' started by lrp, Feb 24, 2021.

1. lrp

lrp New Member

I’m not sure where to start...My heart is broken. I feel so lost, like I’m living in a fog. She died 2 weeks ago, my big sister. Freakin’ breast cancer metastasized. It was in her lung, liver, even bones. She was hurting. It’s a nightmare, remembering how she declined, how this strong, beautiful, kind woman who took care of everyone was too frail and week to even sit up by herself.
    I don’t understand it. I’m hurting so badly. We were extremely close. I was her little shadow when we were younger. Please help, just connect with me. My heart feels like it can’t take this. I want to stay curled up in my bed for days and never get up. I have to function for my 7-year-old daughter, but I’m hurting so badly! I’m emotionally and physically exhausted.

2. amysea123

amysea123 New Member

Hi there,

I am so sorry to hear about your sister. I recently lost my brother last week to metastasized cancer, and I share the same feelings. Seeing him so weak, in so much pain, suffering, and losing his life at such a young age. It is too much to bear. I am happy to chat if you want to talk with someone going through a similar journey as you. I think the hardest part for me is ridding myself of the image of him sick and dying and trying to remember him when he was healthy/happy. Hang in there.

3. IngridBrooke

IngridBrooke New Member

Irn,
    I'm so heartbroken and reading your post made me want to give you a big hug. My older sister passed away, too. She was 6 years older than me and I absolutely IDOLIZED her. She was my whole world growing up - and continued to be well into my adulthood. Sadly she wasted away from alcoholism that we were all beyond helpless to save her from. I hate that you had to watch you sister senselessly slowly dwindle away from cancer, while I had to senselessly watch mine dwindle away from her drinking. I'm left with my eldest sister and, as a trio, we rocked it - but now that it's just the two of us, it doesn't feel the same. There's a distance and disconnect there - maybe from grief, maybe from the glue no longer being there. I'm trying to make sense of this all, and figure out how to move forward in a world that doesn't have her in it, and find it frightening, miserable and just WRONG. But I am trying...hence finding this website. I hope you're doing okay, I know you wrote your post back in February. We were lucky to have such amazing big sisters - try to hold onto all she gave you. Always around if you'd like to chat. Hugs.