*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

New ... Struggling ...

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by jande270, Mar 17, 2022.

1. jande270

jande270 New Member

My brother and best friend was diagnosed with esophogeal cancer in December. He died 3 weeks later. I held his hand while he took his last breath. He was 49.

I'm struggling. I'm not new to grief. I've lost both parents; my mom when I was only 8 and my dad in 2016. But this is so much worse. Gene was my person; the person who shaped me and guided me ... and got me. And he loved me and God ... I loved him ... love him.

I miss him so much I can't breathe. How do I get past all this anger and pain?

2. Beeleaf

Beeleaf Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm also here because of the loss of my brother and it doesn't even feel real yet.
    Praying for peace for you and for all of us who are grieving.

3. tsaw143

tsaw143 New Member

I don’t have siblings, but my friend since elementary school felt like a sibling. Close friends for over 25yrs…we were always there for one another, countless inside jokes and stories through the years that only made sense to us. She was diagnosed with sinus cancer in November and died two wks ago. We didn’t know she was in the transition stage until 24hrs before she died. I’m very mad for many reasons, but most of all that just as she was finding her place in the world at 37, her life was snatched away from her. She was a good person, she left every where and every person better than they were. I miss her so much and because we didn’t know she was about to die, we never spoke about death and dying…we only talked as if she would be healed and what we’d do once her treatment was over.