*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

NEED HELP WITH DEPRESSION.

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by cjpines, Aug 2, 2021.

1. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

8 MONTHS SINCE MY HUSBAND JACK DIED AND JUST NOW EXPERIENCING DEPRESSION. ITS UNBEARABLE AT TIMES, IT SCARES ME.

I DON'T DO PRESCRIPTION ANTI DEPRESSION MEDS. HAS ANYONE HAD LUCK WITH NATURAL REMEDIES FOR THIS?

I TRY TO WALK AROUND THE HOUSE, GO OUTSIDE FOR FRESH AIR. IT REALLY MAKES ME NAUSEOUS.

ANY TESTIMONIES OF SUCCESS? THANK YOU FORUM.

I'M THE ONE WITH A BROKEN ARM, WHY THIS IS IN CAPS.

2. Patti 61

Patti 61 Guest

I am so sorry, understand all you are going through. I never had high blood pressure till after loss my husband, now on BP Med Got back on a good daily vitamin, was Deficient in some. I notice you are in California ( I moved from there , after lost my husband to live close to our daughter. )I attended a grief support group in Calif. do you have any near where you reside ? I wish there was one here in SC, I met several ladies there in the Calif. group and we got together in between the group meetings, it helped so much. We keep in contact weekly by phone now. I walk a lot, especially evenings and try to get three miles in., it helps me to sleep better. I pray through the tears and daily hard times, and pray for all others on this now journey. .

3. cjpines

MAY I ASK WHAT PART OF CALIF WERE YOU LIVING? YES, THERE ARE SUPPORT GROUPS HERE, BUT I'M NOT READY TO SHARE OPENLY, TOO EMOTIONAL.

I WILL TRY WALKING AFTER MY ARM HEALS AFTER HOT WEATHER AND SMOKE. I'VE HEARD WALKING IT HELPS.

WISHING CONTENTMENT TO COME TO US ALL. THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE.

4. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately. Usually I have an easy time writing, but lately I just feel brain "dead." Most days/nights, I think I'm just too exhausted, both mentally and physically, to write. (This is so unlike me!)

I'm sorry you're feeling so depressed. I wish I could be of some help, but the only thing I take is Nature Made Melatonin 5mg tabs, either one or two/night. It's great for helping me fall asleep, but unfortunately I still wake up way too many times during the night, and still have trouble falling back asleep. When I can, I take long walks, but it's just been too hot and humid lately.

I thought I would have a difficult time sharing in a support group too. However, I found it to be a very safe, and caring environment. There are always more than one box of tissues on the table, and everyone in my group has reached for them. I was surprised at how much I was able to share, and how much I cried, at the first meeting I attended. There's a special kind of bond that's developing among all of us in our group. I now look forward to going to the meetings. We cry and even laugh together, and although it doesn't make me feel less lonely, I feel less alone (not sure if this makes sense!). I hope you'll consider trying a support group. You don't have to go back after your first meeting if it isn't for you. However, I hope, if you do decide to try one, you'll find the same kind of comfort and support that I've found in my group.

I hope your arm is healing as quickly and as painlessly as possible.

Sending you lots of hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace.

'

5. cjpines

THANK YOU FOR MENTIONING MELATONIN. AND YES, GOOD FOR FALLING ASLEEP, BUT I STILL WAKE UP MANY TIMES AT NIGHT.

I'M FINDING GROUND GINGER WITH LEMON IN WATER REALLY HELPS NAUSEA AND DEPRESSION. MY DAUGHTERS CONCOCTION.

SUPPORT GROUP SOON. THANK YOU DEB321.

6. Patti 61

Patti 61 Guest

Mountains above Santa Clarita.

7. cjpines

IM IN THR SIERRA FOOTHILLS, ABOVE SACRAMENTO