*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My younger brother

Discussion in 'Loss of Sibling' started by MsV, Jun 13, 2021.

1. MsV

MsV New Member

My younger brother, my bestie, passed on last year at the age of 55. He was my emotional support system after my elderly mother for whom I was a long time carer, had passed on in 2018. It's a double whammy for me as my mother was my kindred spirit. I just cannot make any sense of it all and struggling with this complicated grief. Crying every day. It's true that grief is the price you pay for love.

2. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

I am very sorry that you have lost these 3 people who are so important to you. It is a big blow isn't it. May you find the strength you need to get through this.
    Praying God's peace that passes all understanding will cover you and protect you.
    Chris

3. Terry1971

Terry1971 New Member

I'm so sorry! I just lost my younger brother, my best friend for life, 6/6/21. My heart is broken. It's hard, too, to be the only one left from my nuclear family. Blessings to you. We cry so many many tears.

4. Chris M 2000

The amount of tears we cry is one thing that shows how deep the love for that person is.
    I love this scripture because it shows how very important we are to God and how much He loves us:

You keep track of all my sorrows.
    You have collected all my tears in your bottle.
    You have recorded each one in your book.

May the Prince of Peace cover you with the peace of God that passes all understanding.
    Hugs,
    Chris

5. Terry1971

Terry1971 New Member

Thank you so much for your caring response, I had just been reading that quote from the Bible this morning. So many tears....I agree, the more you love the greater the pain. Hugs back
    Terry

6. MsV

MsV New Member

Thank you for your condolences Chris M. Today 23 July, is one year since my brother transited. I just feel like a zombie. To dust we shall return.

7. MsV

MsV New Member

I feel you Terry. When my father died in 2001, my heart broke and when my mother died in 2018, my heart got burnt. With my brother's death in 2020, my profile pic depicts my state of mental and emotional health. Losing a sibling, especially a younger one, is akin to losing a child. Today 23 July, is one year since my brother transited. Feel free to talk about your brother and your love for him. I am all ears. Hugs.

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  8. Chris M 2000

One year-such a short time in view of the effects of grief. It is oh so hard in those beginning years. No one will ever replace the special person we lost. Nothing will ever really comfort us over our loss. We will always miss and yearn for our dear person until the day we die and join them.

9. Terry1971

Terry1971 New Member

Thank you so.much. My brother was the kindest, smartest, most loving, and I compassionate person.. He was robbed of so much when he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's at 61. We have all been grieving ever since. I was so blessed to.see him almost every day after he retired. We walked 100's of miles with our dogs until his disease allowed only slow walks. My husband d and I helped care for him as he got worse and couldn't be alone. My brother was so brave and tried so hard. I love him so much and there is such. Huge hole in my life and heart. Thank you for.listening. I'd love to hear more about your brother. I know anniversaries are so had. Special hugs to you.