*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My son hung himself September 29, 2019

Discussion in 'Loss of Adult Child' started by Don’s ma Sheila, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Don’s ma Sheila

Don’s ma Sheila New Member

He was only 35 years old and I knew he needed help mentally, he took on a lot of responsibility by getting custody of 5 children who were his fiancé nieces and nephews. The first year they moved to her hometown in Mobile, AL, from CA, they had the 3 girls, and then this last April they got temporary custody of the 2boys, all were ages 7 and under. The youngest was 18 months.

First I’d like to say that he was my only child, I tried to do everything in my power to give him the best life growing up, he had some struggles with school and was put on medications for ADD. He did better when on his medication but never liked how they made him feel. His biological father Don Sr. and I divorced before he was 3 years old. He pretty much was a absentee dad. Long story short, I remarried in 1988 when he was 4. His stepdad Tony and I raised him, and we are the ones that were always there for him.

In his adult life I could tell that my son struggled with depression. I tried to get him help and he never would do anything.

there are more details to this story, I also think him and his Fiancé got into an argument. I’m so distraught I don’t know what to do in this whole process. He had too much baggage of his own, like having 2 daughters he never got see, and the child support became so far in arrears, he worried how he’d ever get it caught up, and with his condition his follow through on things was not good.

Attached Files:

2. Katy bug1

Katy bug1 New Member

I'm so soory for your loss. I lost my 22 yr old on may 20 2016. She hung herself outside. She suffered from drugs and depression. She was out of state away from her family. It fell on her little sisters bday. I know she couldn't have known that, she loved her sister very much. My sisters and brothers abandoned me after my daughters death. My husband is the only support I have had. We been in this alone. The pain is horrific and the trauma has unbearable at times. My heart is broken and yours is too. This is pain that we didn't expect. Stay strong, surround yourself with friends and family. My heart goes out you to you. A mother should never have to lose a child. Your son is very handsome.

3. Diane Thea

Diane Thea Member

My son died from a drug overdose at 19 7 months ago. He wasn't an addict but struggled with depression and anxiety. He talked about suicide a lot and we had him on meds but sometimes nothing we do can help.. I don't know if he just made a bad choice or this world was just too much from him. He was my life and now I don't really have one. I go through the motions and get through the day..it's all I can do.. I'm sorry that anyone has to go through this kind of pain..

Attached Files: