*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

my sister

Discussion in 'Suicide Loss' started by Vnicole, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Vnicole

Vnicole New Member

I recently lost my sister to suicide and it has been a struggle every single day since. Besides the pain of losing my one and only sibling there is also pain coming along with the child she left behind. I am wondering if anyone can relate or can tell me will it ever get better with him asking for her all the time and wondering where she is. He is young but still remembers her and it’s heart breaking and makes the whole situation even harder.

bex1203 and Chris M 2000 like this.
  2. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

I am so so sad to hear that you are suffering so deeply. I can't imagine how hard it must be to try to comfort this little child who cannot understand what has taken place. Yes, it is a very heartbreaking situation for you to have to deal with.
    You can look to God for strength and answers. He cares about you and loves you. It was never His intent or plan for this terrible thing to have happened. Life is very difficult isn't it.
    Love to you,
    Chris

3. elektra04

elektra04 New Member

Hey, this is terrible and I'm really sorry. I just lost my brother (also to suicide) and I think I can relate. I'm the youngest so I don't have to explain this to a younger sibling or comfort them, but even without getting asked such terrible questions, everything reminds me of him. I'd like to tear our house and especially his room down. In my short experience it helped me alot knowing that there were other people who knew him and sharing memories. It makes me feel like he is still there. I think it is great that your brother remembers your sister. Otherwise he would grow up without knowing who the rest of his familiy is sad about and he'd be feeling left out. So I know that all of this unbearable but you gotta relate on the people around you and make sure first that YOU are surviving this. Hang in there, I'm sure you are doing the best that you can right now.

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  4. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

Hello dear sister in grief. I haven't heard from you in awhile and I wanted to know how you are struggling through all this.
    Regarding your sister's child, remember the greatest thing we all need is to know we are loved and there is someone who cares and is supportive for us, so the best thing you can do is just express your love for this child through words and actions. Talk about your sister much to this child. Tell him what she was like, what she enjoyed, the good things she did, the things you used to do together, what she was like when she was younger. You know, when we lose someone all we want to do is talk about them and have someone who will listen. So if you can only listen to his heartbreak and questioning, you are helping him even through you don't know anything else to do to ease his pain. God will be the only one who can truly help this child to struggle through this.
    Also be good to yourself. You have suffered a great tragedy and need tender loving care yourself.
    I am here for you and I care about you.
    Chris