*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My partners gone.

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Pete/Shell, Jul 16, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Cyanotype

Cyanotype Well-Known Member

My trigger is when I talk about my friend. I start to cry......

2. Mothernature

Mothernature Member

Music was and is still mine, it was a big part of our friendship / life together. I was in total shock for 2 months after and during that time I couldn't listen to it at all. Now it's songs that I used to sing to him or ones that he showed me that break my heart. He truly was my muse.

Journeywoman likes this.
  3. Cyanotype

Thank you for a positive direction

Mothernature likes this.
  4. ElizabethHouston

ElizabethHouston New Member

Dareka, I am so sorry this happened. Sudden loss is, I think, perhaps the hardest. So many scenarios play out in our heads as time goes on. For me, almost nightly dreams about my husband went on for almost a year. It's been 4 yrs & they have lessened but still happen. I will say a special prayer for you tonight sweetpea. Big Hug!!

5. dareka

dareka New Member

Thank you so much for your sweet words. I have the feeling that the only chance to somehow cope is by accepting love and support from the close ones around us. Before, I hadn’t been aware of how many great precious people there actually are!

6. dareka

dareka New Member

What you are writing is sooo on point! If it just weren’t so damn hard... trying to keep it up here - hope you too!

Journeywoman likes this.
  7. LouiseP57

LouiseP57 Well-Known Member

8. LouiseP57

So sorry for your loss. Not having time to prepare yourself is, in my opinion, the hardest part. Like you, I did CPRon my husband until the ambulance arrived to no avail. I knew immediately he was gone but I had to try. As a nurse. I knew right away that it was either a massive heart attack or a blood clot that caused sudden death. I feel your pain.

Journeywoman likes this.
  9. LouiseP57

10. LouiseP57

I pray you find some peace and comfort. So very sorry.

11. Cyanotype

I feel the same way. You are not alone

12. TALKTOME

TALKTOME Member

13. TALKTOME

TALKTOME Member

when someone asks me how I'm doing I tell the truth.. .not good, lousy, wish I were dead because it would be simpler for me. Then they change the subject because they don't really want to talk about what I'm going through. I'm still new

14. RNgirl

RNgirl Active Member

15. RNgirl

RNgirl Active Member

I agree, I also have not been able to listen to music. Music has always fed my soul but I can not listen to anything anymore. It is one more huge loss for me. I understand you completely. You are not alone.

Journeywoman and Cyanotype like this.
  16. ouisquared

ouisquared New Member

I am so sorry. I lost my husband in November to Covid. The ambulance drivers took him away, but he was conscious. I was able to talk to him a few times, but only for a very short conversation. Then he was intubated and I never saw him again until he was unconscious an dying. I feel a huge chasm, too.