*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My own notion of grief

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by T.K., Feb 11, 2022.

1. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Chad,

As Lou said, NO!!! need to ever apologize for being MIA!!!, TUTTAM!!! I've been MIA for most of this week, maybe a bit longer (?), I lose track of time. However, we will ALWAYS!!! be here for you, for all TGW and other GIC friends.

Your messages are the first ones I've read today. Thanks for the smiles..., especially when I haven't had enough caffeine !!!, TUTTAM!!! Trust me, I'm not always the most pleasant person to be around before I get my caffeine fix for the day, lol... I LOVE!!! that you're taking such good care of yourself. Lizzy would be so very proud and happy... Taking care of yourself the very best you possibly can, is one of the best ways to honor Lizzy...

I know you probably already know this, but I'm going to repeat myself for probably the zillionth time, walking is one of my very favorite ways to relieve stress, help me deal with this total heartbreak whenever I feel stuck at the bottom of Mr. Grief's, seemingly endless twisted emotional roller coaster ride of emotions. I hope walking becomes one of your favorite coping mechanisms too. It's a great habit to get into, as it helps to improve both physical and emotional health.

Stopping here (for now). Lots on my daily to do list.

As always, sending you and Fergie lots of hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

2. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

T.K.

As so many GW have already said, thank you so much for sharing this... It is so true... So beautifully stated. As Tom Zuba said, not sure in which one of his books, or if he said this in both of them, the death of someone you love cracks you wide open, it's meant to, or something similar to this. Once we're cracked wide open, although we will NEVER!!! be the exact same person who we were before, we can use this as an opportunity to grow..., to become a better version of ourselves...

Sadly, we will grieve right up until the time we are reunited with our loved ones. It SUCKS!!! However, so far, Bob's death has made me aware of so many parts of myself, especially as Robin says, that "I'm stronger than I think I am." All of us are so much stronger than we think we are. We have to be, but I also think this is a very good thing. It makes me feel so much more confident in my ability to navigate the world, which can be a very lonely and scary place, on my own. I think Bob would be very proud of me, for all the things I've managed to accomplish since he died. I hope this would make him very happy too. I think all of the one true loves of our lives would be very happy and proud of all of us, our determination to move forward, to face so many challenges, to not only survive, but to try to find some kind of happiness along the way. WE CAN AND WILL DO THIS TOGETHER!!! WE ARE TGW!!!

I think Bob's death has also made me a more empathetic, caring person, and it is helping me realize that part of my purpose in life, since Bob's death, is to do whatever I can to help others who are going through similar circumstances. It SUCKS!!!, but at the same time, I feel so much better when I'm doing something to try to help someone make it through the very darkest hours of his/her life. I know lots of GW warriors feel this way too. I think all of us are becoming better versions of ourselves because of the unbelievable heartbreak we must endure.

I've been MIA for so long, and I know I won't fully catch up today, so in case I've missed some of your messages, I hope you are doing okay, that you have at least one reason to LMSO today...

As always, sending you hugs, wishing hyou peace, all of us peace. DEB

3. T.K.

T.K. Member

Deb.
    Thank you for your kind words.
    I want to thank each of you for being there when I needed a kind word
    or reassurance. Between you and the Lord, you made a difference.
    Thank you all. God Bless. TK.

Gary166, Patti 61 and Van Gogh like this.
  4. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

TK,as I told you recently, you & I have a
    lot in common---- in grief. We are about
    the same age, and were married about
    the same number of years, you with
    Mary, and me, with Linda. They are part
    of who we are. How could they not be,
    after all those years of unconditional
    love. The kind friends on GIC, like Deb,
    are vital for our well being. God Bless. Lou

Gary166 and Patti 61 like this.