*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My last five and a half years

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Jen H, Jan 9, 2022.

1. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Deb,

I'm so sorry to hear that one of your cats isn't doing well. Our fur babies are just family members with fur. They love us unconditionally, and ask for so little in return. It makes me so sad, teary eyed, whenever I learn that a much loved furry family member is struggling. Sending you a GIANT!!! (variety is the spice of life) virtual hug...

Sending you lots more hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB & Skye

P.S. Although Skye thinks she is a lap dog, she is way too big to be one. She is about 61 lbs, but I think she might have gained a couple pounds recently, with very long legs, much smaller than my last dog, who was approximately 90 lbs., but who insisted she was a lap dog, trying to squeeze her entire body onto my lap all of the time. At least Skye recognizes that she is just too big, and eventually will lie next to me with her head in my lap, or unfortunately, with her butt in my lap instead, lol... I think I just set a new record for my longest run on sentence, lol...

Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  2. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

George,

It's good to "see" you here this morning!!!, TUTTAM!!! No words of wisdom, no advice, just sending you another one of the world's BIGGEST hugs...

Sending you lots more hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace, all the way from TUTTAMVILLE. Debanator and Skye Queen

Rose69, eyepilot13 and Van Gogh like this.
  3. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Georgine,

I'm so glad you found this site, and are sticking with us!!!, TUTTAM!!! You express your feelings so perfectly, so beautifully... Reading your posts always gives me something to think about. You've made a positive difference in my life in the short time we've "known" each other. Thank you for being here.

As always, sending you lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB & Skye

Rose69, eyepilot13 and Van Gogh like this.
  4. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Debster, so glad I amused you this am, as
    you amuse me, and all TGW. I know what
    you mean about needing caffeine,bc I'm
    sitting at my favorite breakfast place, at
    the counter, talking with the waitress,a
    widow about my age. Sure, I could've had
    coffee & breakfast at home on this rainy,
    gloomy day, but I needed to see smiling
    faces, and interact with customers at the
    counter. I glanced over at a couple in their
    50s, in a booth. They had glum faces, weren't talking to each other, and were
    looking over their partners' heads. WTF?
    I wanted to shake them, and yell, " don't
    you realize what you have in front of
    you?". Linda & I always looked into each
    other's eyes at a restaurant. I'm grateful
    that toward what would be her end here
    on earth, we were able to be outside a
    breakfast place, peacefully gazing out to
    sea. I choke back tears when I write this.
    Even though I'm Lou Travolta, with an
    almost Mr. Hyde maniacal dancing frenzy
    with multiple female partners, at night, I
    can be a
    sad, quiet, lonely Dr.Jekyll , by day. I don't
    really want to be involved with one
    woman, with all its' complications, incl
    living together, or intimacy. I met a
    divorced woman last night. We were
    dancing fast & slow, and she noticed my
    wandering eye, as I watched other
    women dance.She looked a little annoyed,
    and said. "you can dance with someone
    ELSE". I said no, and continued to dance
    with her. As we left the bar , she surprised
    me by kissing me on the cheek. I realized
    no woman , since Linda, had done that, and
    I felt weird. I didn't ask for her number, but told her about a drum circle I'm in,
    and said she'd be welcome to join us. The
    strange thing is I don't care if she shows up
    or not. It may be that I'm not attracted to
    her physically. I was attracted to another
    woman, however, younger, and still
    working, who reminded me of Linda. I
    guess I like women, but have to tread
    lightly. Brother Gary understands what
    I'm talking about, and I know you do, too,
    DEB. Confused Mr. Hyde

Rose69, DEB321 and eyepilot13 like this.
  5. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

Wow the Lobsterman is becoming a chick magnet!

6. eyepilot13

YoDebTheDeb we just do what we can. Dialysis was four hours of annoying boredom. But I get through it. I have to. What else is there to do. Weather is for cold and rain showers the next two weeks. I need warmth! I need sun! You and The Skye seem so sweet and happy! I'm glad for you!

Rose69, DEB321 and Van Gogh like this.
  7. Van Gogh

Thanks, Lombardo. I love to dance, and
    bc of that, and the smile in my face, most
    women think I'm 10 yrs younger than I
    am. I don't lie, if asked, and I like to see
    the looks of astonishment on their faces.It's not that I'm a "chick magnet" ( thank you
    for the compliment, BroGeo!!), but the fact
    is that there are more women than men,
    around my age, in my area....Lou T.

Rose69 and eyepilot13 like this.
  8. Georgine

Georgine Well-Known Member

Deb,

I hope that the health issue is resolved soon with little stress on you. I fully understand how important your little one is to you and how you wish that Steve would be with you at this time. So many times, I have wished the same. I feel the same way about "tech savviness." I never joined Facebook, LinkedIn or any media site though LinkedIn insists upon telling me that I have been "invited" to......("whatever"). I have no interest in any of it and have always believed that it was a marketing tool for big media. So, it was a huge step for me to decide to join this site. I am very happy that I did.

Take care, Deb, and I send you love and wish you the best in your decisions concerning your little one.

DEB,

Thank you for your message. I am humbled by your text and deeply appreciate it. You and the participants in our conversations give me the comfort that no one else here on earth can provide. I admire all of you for your courage. And, thank you for your uplifting words in every text you write. You are an inspiration to all Grief Warriors with your texts.
    And, now, that the thunderstorms have cleared here in South Carolina, I will walk Elvis, Socrates and Giselle on this beautiful day. Your description of your walk with Skye at sunrise is fantastic! I am so happy that you have Skye, and Skye has you.
    Love and continued happiness to you and Skye,
    Georgine

9. eyepilot13

Your antics put a rare smile on my face this morning!

10. Van Gogh

Wow, Georgine, good for you for not
    succumbing to Big Tech, which is as bad as
    Big Pharma, mainstream media "talking
    heads".and Big Government. Screw them
    all. In Linda's memory ( she was a feisty,
    funny, and independent soul, like I am),
    I will continue to dance to the music, and
    enjoy every last minute of my days on
    God's green earth. Lou

Rose69 likes this.
  11. Georgine

Thanks, Lou. I have to give credit to my Pierre, though. He saw right through them; right from the start. I will always remember the time we were on a vacation in the Galapagos Islands, and a senior executive with LinkedIn was extolling the benefits of joining LinkedIn. Pierre stopped her speech with one question, which essentially confronted her with the truth that LinkedIn uses and markets to their own advantage all the information on the site. I am glad that you keep dancing. How good for the soul!

12. Van Gogh

Love Pierre and you, Georgine. As DEB & I
    often say, Bob, Linda, DEB, and I were on
    the same page and would've had a fun
    time together. I believe the same applies
    to other couples here, like you & Pierre,
    Karen & Jack, Robin & Ron, Gary & Cheryl,
    George & Valerie, and many others. I'd
    like to believe our spirits will be reunited
    in the afterlife. Lou Travolta!

Rose69, DEB321 and eyepilot13 like this.
  13. eyepilot13

Wow I was a couple once... Seems so surreal today for some reason. Valerie would be too crabby to meet anyone! LoL
    I just realized 2008 was 15 years ago! ****

14. Van Gogh

Well, Brother Lombardo from dreary,
    gloomy, rainy Lombardville, there were 2
    Valeries and 2 Lindas: The women we fell in love with and married, for many years,
    and the sad, understandably bitter old
    ladies they became. Bro Lobster Man

Rose69 and eyepilot13 like this.
  15. eyepilot13

That's where I'm at now... in the process of trying to forgive her so I can let go and accept my new realities. Tis is a selfish and demanding emotional process Br Lou. I am not enjoying it but is necessary.

16. Georgine

And, Lou, the daily Bible verse which a friend sent to me today reads:

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

But we would not have you ignorant, brethern, concerning those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope.
    Therefore, console one another with these words.

17. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Mr. hyde, aka Loustarino from Lobsterville, aka, Lou T., (I'm thinking I probably forgot at least one of your many a/k/a(s), but, and this is another one of those really BIG!!! BUTS, as always, blaming it on my way too foggy widow brain. At least I have something I can blame it on, lol...)

I'm so over the top happy for you!!! You have morphed into the very best version of yourself you possibly can be, and in the process, have become a much more confident person. I love!!! that you no longer feel you need one special woman for companionship in order to be happy!!!, TUTTAM!!! In order to be truly happy, I believe we need to feel good about ourselves first, like the people who we are morphing into, confident in our ability to tackle difficult situations, and make important decisions on our own, before a relationship, whether it it is just for companionship or for a combination of companionship and intimacy, can work.

I think there are probably way too many people who think that if only I found the right person, the person who is right for me at this point in time, after the one true love of my life has passed away, I would be happy, my life would be complete. But, what if the right person never comes along??? Someone who believes this could end up wasting the precious time he/she has left on earth, searching for someone other than himself/herself to fill the emptiness in his/her life, instead of searching inside to find out what really makes him/her come alive... We have to like our own company, love ourselves, before we can have a meaningful relationship with someone else.

Linda will always be a big part of your life, she will always hold the biggest place in your heart... By doing the things that you enjoy the most, you've found happiness in this f*cked up bittersweet world we've been thrown into, and have made many female friends along the way. Although Linda wanted you to find another woman to share the rest of your life with, I know Linda is smiling down at you from wherever she is... You are honoring her memory the very best way possible, by living your life to the fullest extent possible, enjoying the company of many woman, not just one. Someday, you and Linda will be reunited for eternity, but, and this is the BIGGEST!!! BUT!!! yet, I hope it isn't for a very long time to come.

Keep on dancing Lou Travolta!!!

With lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB & Skye

18. Georgine

And, also, Lou, I want to tell you how grateful I am that you ask the name of our spouse. Seeing your message beginning with "Love Pierre......."
    gave me indescribable joy. It reinforces the power of all the framed photos in my home, including the one in the kitchen in which he is smilimg and looking at me.

Pierre and I would have loved to have met you and Linda. In the meantime, we will comfort each other, as the verse says.

Thank you, Lou.

DEB321, Rose69, Van Gogh and 2 others like this.
  19. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

Debster, I'll take it (GIANT !!! hug) And I'm sending it back to you -- all the way to TUTTAMVILLE. And one for Skye kisses too.

Rose69, Van Gogh, DEB321 and 2 others like this.
  20. Deborah A.

Deborah A. Well-Known Member

Deb, I am so glad that you have little Skye. I know how deep and how loving that connection is! Truly. ❤️ Charlie isn’t doing well, but he’s sad such an old soul, if you can imagine. He was there when my dad died. And he walked up to Steve’s face when he took his last breath. It just reinforces what I am learning: We are deeply connected. Sorry if I sound weird and crazy. But Steve’s death has forced me to reevaluate everything. We are all connected. I have no doubt. Thank you Deb. ❤️

Rose69, Van Gogh and DEB321 like this.