*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My first love died

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by alwaysme, Dec 13, 2020.

1. lbrearey09

lbrearey09 Member

Similar situation here. My first love and father of my son, has died. I just found out. He died in 2007 but I did not find out. My son does not have any relationship with him. It's very sad. It sounds like Bill had a hard life. I found a short obituary that said he had colon cancer when he was 50, which was cured, but then got Lung Cancer in 2007 and died in the hospital. Breaks my heart. I want to know if anyone was there with him when he died. I pray there was. He was married but I'm not sure if he and his wife were still together. I cannot stop thinking about him and crying over the loss. All the I wish I would have contacted him....I wish that I knew he was ill, etc. I don't really know what to do.

2. lbrearey09

lbrearey09 Member

Hi. I see that your post is recent, April 20, 2023. I have been reading through and many of these posts are from 2021 or older and I'm not sure they are even on this site anymore.

I'm writing letters and journaling. There is no grave for me to visit. I wish there were. He was cremated and it just says ashes were given to family. I can visit his Mom & Dads grave, which is very close to my Mom's. So I have put flowers there. I've been researching on family search to get an email that is current for his brother. But, I don't even know if he will reply to me since we have never met. It's so hard to grieve when you feel in it alone. Bill was a big part of my early adult life and it just hurts my heart that he is gone.

alwaysme and Sue M like this.
  3. Sue M

Sue M Well-Known Member

Do you know any old friends that you had in common or any of his maybe you could reach out to? Writing is great therapy.

4. lbrearey09

lbrearey09 Member

Hi Sue, I have tried to find a few but striking out. I do have his brother's email address, but not sure what to say if I write to him. I had never met him. He is 5 years younger than Bill. What do you think? Should I email him?

5. Sue M

Sue M Well-Known Member

You could always start with how you were at the cemetary and saw his parents and it brought back memories and you just wanted to reach out but understand if he doesnt reply but it is worth a shot He may want to know more about his brother.

6. lbrearey09

lbrearey09 Member

Sue, that is a great idea. It at least gives me something to start with. If he does not want to respond, I will have to accept that.
    I do believe many of our friends have passed as well. I try researching on family search but it's not easy to narrow it down. Thank you for writing to me.

Sue M likes this.