*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My 29 year old Son passed away 2 weeks Ago

Discussion in 'Loss of Adult Child' started by sunspots, May 25, 2020.

1. sunspots

sunspots Member

had so many plans for the future with him

2. Collinsar11

Collinsar11 Member

I also lost my son, They become your life you live for them. I understand how hard it is to picture and think on the plans. My son was 30, the day of the eclipse August 21, 2017. I feel as if it were yesterday still.
    I feel alone that I have no one to talk to, most try to avoid me or the subject.
    Please if you need to talk I will be here.

3. Leniegirl

Leniegirl Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my son 4/2020. This is what has baffles me is how people avoid me and how they respond in general. Even my family and close friends!

4. christine Kae

christine Kae New Member

I am so sorry for your loss. I know that right now there are no words that can ease the pain in your heart. I lost my daughter on February 29th, 2020. I sat by her hospital bed and watched Her being tortured each day, I watched her as she was being told by her doctor that treatment after treatment was not working. I watched, my heart broken, time and time again as my vibrant daughter struggled and deteriorated before my eyes. When I needed my friends the most, two of my closest friends turned theirs backs on me. Friends I had for decades. Other friends seemed not to know how to talk to me. I’ve read a lot about this painful grief we are going through and it seems that many parents that have gone through this have learned through time and help to cope, we will always live with our loved ones in our hearts but we will smile again too. Please don’t give up.

5. sunspots

sunspots Member

Yes It is weird how people act sometimes...... I think people are afraid of expressing empathy and sympathy and stuff because it might come out wrong.

6. sunspots

sunspots Member

For me it seems as if its been a long time..... there are a lot of factors...... I get a lot of solace from his friends that knew him for just varying periods of time and how much he was loved....... he was an incredible person.. and I got almost 3 decades with him.. I would love to talk any time

7. sunspots

sunspots Member

Yes... I was not expecting the isolating responses....... Would love to talk with you

8. Patman

Patman Member

I lost my son in April as well. I’m completely devastated. I have neighbours that don’t talk to me , I don’t understand that response . I like to talk about him . I need to talk about him . Even if I start crying , I want to talk about him

9. Laura

Laura New Member

I'm so sorry for the loss of your son! I lost my 27 y/o son to leukemia 8/11/13; almost 7 years ago. It has been a long, lonely and very painful journey. Just trying to live my life to honor him.

10. Patman

Patman Member

that is what we should all do . Live our lives and honour our sons. I never knew grief could runs so deep and hurt so much . I have to find a way to find the beauty and joy I once felt .

11. Collinsar11

Collinsar11 Member

When people will not talk or listen to you makes you feel like an outcast. The loneliness of loss feels bigger to me.

12. Patman

Patman Member

This is so true. Even though I may cry when people mention my son . I would rather that than ignore and say nothing about my son

13. Patman

Patman Member

We miss out children .
    We want to hear about them
    We want to be sled how we are doing

14. Patman

Patman Member

Asked not sled

15. Collinsar11

Collinsar11 Member

Yes. We may not always feel like talking, but when we do we need to. I fear that if I dont I will be forever trapped in that state of grief. I know my son had a zest for life, I was in a way of living my life for him as he grew up. I feel like he would not want me and and sitting at home so I have been trying to start living life for me and doing things that would also make him happy. I take his ashes everywhere and leave a little at every new experience makes me feel we did it together if that makes sense.