*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Multiple losses

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Marissa0122, Apr 6, 2023.

1. Marissa0122

Marissa0122 Member

I have lost three family members since january. All of them have been sudden and I am having an extremely hard time coping or trying to talk to anyone other than my boyfriend. But, my boyfriend is not great at comforting me and I think he is over me not being happy and doesn’t know how to handle me. I feel so alone and feel like no one knows what I’m going through regardless of my family all going through it.

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  2. Swagatika

Swagatika New Member

I have lost my father two years back and my sister 28, last month. I don't know how to deal with this situation. Even I am thinking talking to my boyfriend is not helping. I argue with him for no logical reason. It's feel like am trying to convert my grief in to anger.

3. CathyLynn

CathyLynn Member

Hello,
    Loss is hard. I loss my mother in November of 21 and then my husband in June of 22. You are welcomed here there are many that are here that are kind and willing to listen. Tell us you stories and about your love ones.

4. kelso

kelso Well-Known Member

i lost my last best friend last may terry and i lost out car zalman same month and now my wife has passed. i am a MESS. need someone.

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  5. Derryfo19

Derryfo19 New Member

I lost my mom 7/29/20, and the love of my life on 10/22/22. I am also grieving the life we created as everything was in his name, as he had better credit. He died suddenly and without a will as he was only 51. His mother inherited the entire life we created, and told me that I am not entitled to any of my life. The house, the cars, our boat...it's all gone. I am just so sad and empty.

Chris M 2000 and Van Gogh like this.
  6. kelso

kelso Well-Known Member

hi derry. i am soooo shocked and sorry for your loss.terry passed this jan after 44 years of marriage. i am so messed up. lets chat ok ?

7. kelso

kelso Well-Known Member

i am here for you. i mean it

8. kelso

kelso Well-Known Member

go to my thread so alone we /others are here 4 you.

9. kelso

kelso Well-Known Member

marrisa we/i are here.lets chat

10. kelso

kelso Well-Known Member

hello

11. kelso

kelso Well-Known Member

come on back on her to chat

12. kelso

kelso Well-Known Member

i lost my wife jan 15 tthis year. i know what ur going thru. reply i am here

13. kelso

kelso Well-Known Member

its aug chat with me . i am alone with no one.

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  14. CCook

CCook New Member

I lost 5 family members in a 4 year time period. It was horrible. When year five came along I was just holding my breath for the next death. I thought I was numb to death because of this. I was very very wrong. My mom passed last week and I’m not handling it well at all. I just want you to know you’re not alone is losing a lot of people at once. I don’t know that time necessarily heals you either. It’s more that you just get used to this new world without those people in it.

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  15. kelso

kelso Well-Known Member

hi cc. sorry to hear that , i am all alone

16. BobGrief2023

BobGrief2023 Active Member

Just be yourself, take your time to healing yourself. If you boyfriend do not like you being unhappy, just let him know you cannot be happy like you used to be.

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  17. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

Someone else or we ourselves cannot just 'make ourselves happy'. We have suffered a great loss and should not be expected to be happy during the time of grief.
    Your boyfriend cannot understand what is going on inside you because he is not the one who suffered the loss. Unless he has been through a grieving period, it is not just that he doesn't want to understand, but that he Can't understand. Look to someone else or somewhere else where you can share your grief and where it will be accepted.
    This is a good place to do that. Share your feelings here as you feel led. Don't try to bear the burden alone.
    Chris

18. Grace 103

Grace 103 New Member

I pray that God will comfort you with His Spirit. I think you need a trained counselor to help you.

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  19. kelso

kelso Well-Known Member

on today my wife passed away jan 15 of this year. last year at this time she was in the hospital. its new years eve. i have no memories good about this year, she passed at 4.30 and EVERY day i am home looking at her pictues cryin. i am somewhat better than before but i feel frightened of the future alone.

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  20. Grace 103

Grace 103 New Member

Maybe I was praying for you and feeling your grief too. I had much trauma this year concerning fallout from father's death. I think we should pray that Holy Spirit Comforter give us help. Pray God give you a new wife when it is time.
    Blessings

Chris M 2000 likes this.