*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost Wife

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by T.K., Jan 12, 2022.

1. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

Terry I’m glad you have a mentor. The world expects perfection from preachers teachers and cops not realizing they are human beings too. When I first joined GIC I thought there would be hundreds of people at the “loss if spouse” thread. I would estimate there are less than 20 members here. Robin has been here over 2 years and Patti 11/2 and Karen over 1 year. I hope I got that right. When Robin first joined it was over 2 weeks before someone replied back to her. Robin has kept the movement going. Lou has been ill the last 3 weeks but is on the mend now. Lou interacts with everyone and has a lot of knowledge on grief recovery and he has guided us to websites and good books to read. You are going to like everyone here. FYI. You can jump in on any thread and start talking to anyone any time. Time to hit the hay for me my friend. Gary

1guy and Patti 61 like this.
  2. 1guy

1guy Well-Known Member

That must have been so hard and so uplifting at the same time. I lost my wife of 53 years last Nov. and it is a nightmare I wake up to every morning. I will look up your favorite song cause I know few can sing the the Christian songs like Johnny and June Cash. I believe the same things you do and as each day passes I am 1 day closer to being together again with my Love. My wife was always there to support me and she told the Doctors that we were like 1 person. So true. I hope and pray Peace and Comfort will be with you a little more in the coming days. Wishing you the best. Rick

cjpines and Patti 61 like this.
  3. T.K.

T.K. Member

Rick, Thank you for your thoughts. I was in the music field before I became a Christian and then a Pastor. My wife and I have always liked John and June Cash. But there was just something about that song that gave us both hope. My Bible says that when we get to Heaven. " Then shall I know even as also I am known." I also cannot wait to see my Baby. You are in my prayers. God Bless. Terry

1guy, Patti 61 and cjpines like this.
  4. 1guy

1guy Well-Known Member

Thank you Terry, took me this long to listen to music again. Love the Cash song, and I sing it to myself over & over. Also listen to 'Scars in Heaven, by Casting Crowns, it's like it was written for me and Sheila. Like you I can't hardly wait to see my love of my life again. Hope you find Peace & Comfort going forward, thank you for your Prayers, so many of us need them. God Bless. Rick

Patti 61 and Gary166 like this.
  5. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

So sorry for your wife, my heart goes out to you. I lost my husband suddenly, unexpectedly to a heart attack, Nov 2020,still can't come to terms with it, don't think I ever will. Last Spring, when our local parish priest came round for his annual home visits, he asked how I was, I didn't know what to say, I looked up at the sky and said I just keep asking God: "Why?", but I get no answer, and I'm very angry. He said I was right to be angry and that I would eventually get an answer from God.
    Yes, the great Johnny Cash, lovely song and fantastic interpretations by Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon in "Walk the line".
    Touching to hear how you switched on the TV and they were singing just that song.

6. T.K.

T.K. Member

Hello Rose
    Thank you for your response. My wife's health was slowly going down hill. The last year she was suffering a lot. I was angry with God, and I am a Pastor.
    I did get an answer from God. He told me that I was being selfish. He told me that if He was to let her stay she would still be suffering. He told me, " I healed her and took her home, no more pain, no more tears." I got on my knees and thanked him. I hurts, but she is heald, no pain, and Praising God.
    I pray that your answer comes. God Bless..

cjpines, 1guy, Rose69 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

That was a very comforting reply you had from God, I'm happy for you. I hope I will also understand one day and finally come to terms with my loss.
    Thank you, God bless you too.

Patti 61 likes this.
  8. 1guy

1guy Well-Known Member

Bless you Terry for giving us that response, my wife's health was going down too. God gave you the right answer, that answer applies to me too. Thank you, wishing God's Blessing's for us all. Rick

Patti 61 and Rose69 like this.
  9. T.K.

T.K. Member

Thank you Rick..God Bless

1guy and Patti 61 like this.
  10. Helena Beatriz

Helena Beatriz Well-Known Member

My name is Helena and I was just reading a few past posts I'm very sorry for your lost, it so difficult to tell you but I understand your sadness, this is one of the worst journeys of our lives. On the 23 of May will be four months since my beloved spouse left me alone, I terrible miss him! I'm glad that I found GIC site, for me it's the only place that I reach as here TGW are the most supportive group of friends that I have never met, they listen and reply with kind words, they have compassion and many times give me advice in my worst moments without judgement. Please take care of yourself, sending you joy, peace and love. Helena

Patti 61, Rose69 and 1guy like this.
  11. Helena Beatriz

Helena Beatriz Well-Known Member

My last message I just sent to T.K, I also would like to extend that message to you. My name is Helena, sorry for your loss of your dear wife. I also lost my spouse on the 23rd of January 2022, Our wedding anniversary 50 yrs of marriage was December 23, 2021. This is the most painful journey that we are taking lossing our beloved spouses and only friends, he was the most important person in my life, I miss him so much and he will always be in my heart. Thank you for listening, sending your way joy, peace and love. Helena

1guy, Patti 61 and Rose69 like this.
  12. 1guy

1guy Well-Known Member

Thank you Helana for your kind and loving remarks. I lost my dear wife of 53 years last November. I know the pain and sadness will never go away, but I feel like I am slowly adjusting to it a little bit, and it's a little bit easier but still very hard. Gary says stumble forward a little bit and I think that's true too. I myself loved Terry's response about what God told him, I try to thank God for letting me have Sheila for so long and I can't hardly wait to be with her again. It's a long and painful journey we have to take for loving and missing our soul mate so much. I am so sorry for your loss, I know it is just so hard, everyone on this site knows what heartbreak truly is. I wish Peace and Comfort for us all. Rick

Patti 61 and Rose69 like this.
  13. T.K.

T.K. Member

Thank you so much for your words. I have received such comfort from all here and wish each and every one of you God's best.. Thank you all..

1guy, Patti 61 and Rose69 like this.