*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost the love of me life my husband of 35yrs 21days

Discussion in 'LGBTQ Loss' started by kappie63, Jan 9, 2018.

1. kappie63

kappie63 New Member

I lost my husband, the love of my life, Nov 30th, 2017. We were married the week after it became legal in California and I still remember the joy of that day but we had been together since I was 19 and he was 22 and I don't know how to go on. He died waiting to get on the heart transplant list so it really wasn't sudden. I just keep remembering the last time we left the house together (Nov. 3rd). I've started going through his things and and it everything keeps reminding me. I've got to go back to work soon and I don't know if I can make it through the day dealing with customers (retail). One of the last things he said to me was he made me promise to "take care of myself" and so far I haven't been doing it very well. I've got a few good friends but they are coupled and I don't want to trouble them (I'm the first in my group to lose a spouse)

2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Kappie, thank you so much for being here and for sharing your story. I'm so sorry for your loss and all that you are going through. While I think there are a lot of people who can relate to the struggles you're facing, you may not necessarily have them already in your immediate circle of family and friends. While I believe people truly do want to help, it doesn't always mean it's the kind of help we need. I can certainly validate that everything you're experiencing is very common following the loss of a spouse and partner....struggling to go through their things, trying to return to work and activities, and also trying to figure out how socialize alone. It's not easy, and it takes time. It also takes support and I certainly hope you can find that here. Joining this site and reaching out is the first step in keeping the promise you made to take care of yourself...I hope this road to healing continues. Please take care, and know we're here for anything you need. All my best~

3. BRETT YOUNG

BRETT YOUNG New Member

Hugs to u.i am new on here i lost my husband my beloved tony to cancer in 2015 he was 49 years old.we was together for 25 years ..hugs brett