*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost my youngest child at 38 yrs old fentanyl overdose

Discussion in 'Loss from Substance Abuse' started by Dlhagen51, Dec 28, 2021.

1. Dlhagen51

Dlhagen51 New Member

There is such a hole in my heart and I miss my son

Dark Angel likes this.
  2. wolfdream

wolfdream Active Member

I'm so sorry for your tragic loss and deep pain.
    Your son's life mattered and I hope his soul can find peace and healing.
    Know that you and he will always have a relationship.
    That's all that's getting me through, feeling my person's presence and guidance. My beloved passed away this summer too, also related to substances.
    Take care on these difficult days of the year, the world is cheering but we feel like we have also died inside.
    Be gentle with your broken heart

3. mel1009

mel1009 New Member

I lost my boyfriend on 12-11 to a fentanyl overdose. It left a wound tattooed on my soul. A piece of me died when he did. I'm so sorry about your loss. No one should have to bury their baby. In my therapy sessions they say live your life in a way your son would be proud, and stay far away from drugs or anything related. Although your sons life was short, it mattered. Allow yourself to feel everything.

wolf dream- that was beautiful.

NaSam likes this.
  4. jeanR

jeanR Member

There are no words for any parent who loses their child. My heart aches for you. I am truly so sorry for your loss. I do know your pain. On 3/3/22, it will be 1 yr since losing my son. Accidental heroin OD. It has been THE worst 12 months of my life. Still feels so surreal. My Dad died only 15 weeks after my son. So much loss. My son called his "Poppy" EVERY SINGLE DAY ! Sometimes even twice a day. I know Poppy died from a broken heart. Just could not reconcile his grandson's death........ but life does goes on, even after our most precious loved ones are no longer with us. Everyday is a challenge. But, in my heart of hearts I know both of them would not me to be sad and isolate. I know I will see them again one day. That thought so often gets me through my day. Prayers and healing thoughts I send your way.

5. Davisc3

Davisc3 New Member

On 3/25/22 I lost my 34 year old son to a fentanyl overdose. I’m still reeling from the loss. Mark was also a bipolar so turning to drugs when he was off his meds was normal practice. He just started using the opioids in December. I don’t know if dying in a car crash would be any easier. It’s still devastating and hurts so much. I just can’t believe it.

6. jeanR

jeanR Member

There are no words for a parent who loses their child. This is just not the normal circle of life. My heart was forever shattered 3/3/21 when my 38 yo. son died from an accidental heroin overdose. You are so very very fresh in your grief. I remember all too well those first months when it was so surreal. Many days it still feels that way. I am very truly sorry about your son Mark. As parents it is a forever journey, learning to live without our child. Sending prayers and blessings from my heart. May you one day find some peace within yourself and continue to live as your son would have wanted you to - jeanR

7. NaSam

NaSam Member

[​IMG]
    With love and prayers for each of you
    - Samantha