*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost my sister

Discussion in 'Loss of Sibling' started by Madcowpro1980, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Madcowpro1980

Madcowpro1980 Member

It's been four years since I held my sister hand as she took her final breath and died of cancer. She was my best friend and every Sept I hate. It reminds me of losing my best friend. We talked every week by call/text. Now that she is gone. I don't hear from my family unless I initiate it. Which I am sick of.

ad_777 likes this.
  2. Shay5683

Shay5683 New Member

I am so sorry you are going through this. I know exactly how you feel. The pain of losing a sibling is a pain no one truly understands except for those who've been through it. I hope you heal and continue to live life to the fullest.

ad_777 likes this.
  3. Madcowpro1980

Madcowpro1980 Member

Thank you.

4. Madcowpro1980

Madcowpro1980 Member

What part of Washington do you live in? My sister lived in Tacoma when she passed away

5. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss and how alone you are trying to navigate life without your sister/best friend. It seems that’s how families treat each of us no matter who we’ve lost. I lost my husband suddenly to a heart attack. If I didn’t have my children I’d be very alone. I rarely hear from from my siblings and I had been told previously to losing Ron that I held our family together. I hosted all holidays, now I’m on my own except once in a great while. Your sister is with you and always will be. But I’m. Different way. Robin

MICHAEL2023 and ad_777 like this.
  6. ad_777

ad_777 Member

I am so sorry for your loss. We are 8 days away from the first anniversary of my little brother's death. I, too, was with him when he took his last breath and I think I have PTSD from the weeks in the ICU and all the ups and downs of his last months. He was such a fighter and I loved him so, so much. There are so many missed opportunities, missed conversations, experiences and memories. Maybe because we live on different continents. Maybe because we took time for granted and thought we have all the time in the world to clear things up. I still cannot believe he is gone. I am so devastated. So I understand where you are coming from. I still have our Dad, who is my best friend and my only light right now. My husband is loving, but he does not, cannot, understand this grief. I hope you are feeling better very soon. And I hope your family realizes how much you hurt and what a blessing you are because of what you and your sister had. You are an awesome brother. She knows that. And maybe that's all that truly matters.

7. Madcowpro1980

Madcowpro1980 Member

Thank you so much

I am sorry for your loss too. So hard at times knowing I saw her take the last breath.

With your grief anniversary coming up I hope and pray you are able to get through the day. On my sister 1 year anniversary I wrote her a letter, bought flowers. I took the sealed letter and flowers and placed it on a bench at a park that she probably enjoy sitting at.
    Thank you again for the sweet words

ad_777 likes this.
  8. ad_777

ad_777 Member

Thank you very much. I don't want to think about it but I will have to plan this dreadful day.