*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost my mom a month ago and can’t deal

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Trish333, Apr 2, 2022.

1. Trish333

Trish333 New Member

My mom had a massive stroke on Valentines Day. We, my brother and I took her off life support that night and she passed two days later. I spoke to her the evening before like I did every day for the past 10+ years and she was fine. I told her I loved her and would talk to her tomorrow but that of course never happened. It was so sudden and unexpected that now more than a month later, I find I still spend a large part of my day crying and my brother doesn’t talk so I have no one to talk to.

2. SepSam

SepSam Member

Hi, I lost my mother a day after valentine's day. I couldn't travel to visit her.
    It was so sudden, still I can not accept it.
    Every morning I wake up and I think to myself, what is this life about?
    I have a young boy who is autistic and I do not feel like talking to my brother and sister.
    I just prefer silence. They say time will help. I don't think so.

3. Gen03

Gen03 Member

4. Gen03

Gen03 Member

My mother died last weekend , she was very sick and being a registered nurse she knew she would be dying. Its been a week and I feel like I am having trouble coping and like you my one sister does not talk. I am hoping to connect with someone who understands what I am going thru and what I can expect.

5. SepSam

SepSam Member

I understand what you are going through.
    I am here for you.
    I have a very hard time to fall sleep at night times, If I sleep, I have all kind of nightmares.
    I called a friend of mine, who had similar experience, she helped herself by thinking about all the good times that she had with her Mom.
    I'm not there yet. I'm taking baby steps.
    They say it gets better by time.
    It hurts, I'm going through all sorts of emotions.