*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost my love of 30 years

Discussion in 'LGBTQ Loss' started by Kat11, Oct 31, 2022.

1. Kat11

Kat11 Member

On 9-7-22 my partner of 30 years passed away from cancer. It was only 2 months from her diagnosis to her death. I am devastated. We were together all the time. We didn't have many other friends. I can hardly wield this pain. She was my world. I can't imagine life without her.
    To make matters worse I am unemployed. We were struggling financially. I don't know how I am going to support myself. I can barely function. I can't imagine being able to work. The panic this is causing on top of the grief is almost more than I can do. I'm seeing a therapist. That does help some.
    I would really like to find some support here. I am so scared and lonely and broken hearted.

2. Kdonovan

Kdonovan Member

I sent a reply earlier but I don't see it. I'll check again to see if you received it.
    Kahy D

3. Kat11

Kat11 Member

I did not receive your reply. Please resend if you can. Would really like to hear from you.

Kat

4. Kdonovan

Kdonovan Member

I can absolutely identify with everything you wrote. Peggi died in June after 25 years together and I am really struggling to get through most days. Maybe we can help each other on this nightmarish journey.
    Kathy

5. Kat11

Kat11 Member

6. Kat11

Kat11 Member

Hi Kathy,
    I am so deeply sorry for your loss. I know how agonizingly painful it is. It is so hard. Today is my 60th birthday. First one without CJ in 30 years. The day has barely started and I'm already reeling. My heart is broken in a million pieces. But I do feel her with me all the time. She sends me signs. She's trying to help me through it. I am so grateful for that.

I think it would be great if you and I could help each other through this unbelievably difficult time. I would like to know about you and Peggi's story. Talk about how we cope with our new realities. Just being there to support each other would be really nice. No matter how many people you have around you who care, unless they've been through this kind of loss they just can't understand what this feels like. And I'm glad for them. I hope they never do.

Please reach out whenever you feel like it. I hope we can be a source of support for each other.

Kat

7. Kdonovan

Kdonovan Member

Hi
    Just got home. Would rather text or talk?

8. Kdonovan

Kdonovan Member

I'm so anxious to connect with you. The main thing that got me through these past months was having someone to talk to, who understood what was happening to me.

I hope we can talk soon. I live in the central time zone. Where are you located? If you are in a crisis you can call. 414-810-9518.

9. Kat11

Kat11 Member

10. Kat11

Kat11 Member

Sorry, I just saw this. Having a rough couple days. Feel like I'm on the verge of getting a sinus infection. Did at home covid test which was negative. Don't feel up to talking right now. I'm coughing a lot. So tired.

Hopefully I will feel better later this weekend. We can communicate here for the time being if you want.

11. Kdonovan

Kdonovan Member

Sounds like you are miserable. Hoodnewd

12. Kdonovan

Kdonovan Member

Oops. Ignore message just sent.
    Hope you feel better soon. I'll check in tomorrow.

13. Kdonovan

Kdonovan Member

Just got home. Hope you are feeling better.

14. BobGrief2023

BobGrief2023 Active Member

I think there’s some entry-level job for you to start up, then if you’re interested you can go to college or university to get advanced skills or knowledge. In the same time, we can grieving our loved ones, work and grieving can be independent to each other, not influencing each other.

15. BobGrief2023

Also, work and grieving are both important.

16. BobGrief2023

we need to make sure we take care of ourselves and our mind, you cannot bleeding and working in the same time. When this phase passes, I think we can find a balance between them. I think processing our emotions is more prior than working. But you’re doing it in the same time, I was doing exactly same thing like you and I think it’s not a healthy way to cope that.