*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost my Beautiful Stacy 11 Years Ago

Discussion in 'Loss of Adult Child' started by tlk1012, Apr 25, 2022.

1. tlk1012

tlk1012 New Member

This year has been horrible. I still miss her so much. She died of a brain tumor at age 36. I have been horribly depressed for the past several months and don't know what to do. I am in a grief group which meets once a month but it is not enough. I feel like my life is worthless. I am almost 73 years old and deel I have nothing to live for. I have another daughter and 2 granddaughters who live nearby but feel as if they care more for their grandfather and stepgrandmother because they can afford to take them on nice trips and take them shopping, which I cannot afford to do. I am still working and really have nothing to show for it. I feel like my life is a shambles without my daughter. I really don't know what to do.

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  2. Alexilyn

Alexilyn New Member

I know your pain.
    It has been 5 1/2 years since I lost my only daughter and best friend.
    It’s sad that you feel the way you described about your other daughter;her children.
    If there’s a chance, maybe there’s still time to remedy things.
    Money does not buy LOVE.
    Or Happiness.
    I believe Happiness is over rated actually, bc it is so fleeting and never lasts.

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  3. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear that you are in such pain and turmoil. It is a devastating experience to lose a child. I don't know if it is any comfort to tell you that it was about 11-12 years since the death of our son before I really became able to start functioning 'normally', so don't give up on ever feeling better again. After a loss like these, we are not the same person. The one our life was focused on, is not here where we can talk with them and see them, but they are still alive in our heart. We will always love them and long for the day when we will once more see them again.
    Please don't lose hope. I know 11 years is a relatively long time, but hang onto hope. It took me a long time and I never thought I could live even one more day when we lost our son, Shawn, but I am 21 years down the road now, so I know it will get better for you.
    Please stay in touch here. We care about your pain. You said you don't know what to do. The only thing to do is just keep walking through each day and with God's help you will begin to move through this terrible time in your life.
    Your love for Stacy is still alive as ever and her love for you is the same. You are only separated for the time being, if your life belongs to Jesus.
    Take care of your health.
    Chris