*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost my beautiful daughter 3/1/2020

Discussion in 'Loss of Adult Child' started by Love6392, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Love6392

Love6392 New Member

My heart is broken but I know that you are no longer in pain. I will forever have you in my heart. I love you jasmine

Attached Files:

2. Vickie

Vickie Active Member

I am so Sorry for the Loss of your daughter. I lost my daughter at the age of 26in a car accident. It has been Ten yrs but I still and always will Miss Her. The grief and sadness can be so overwhelming but just know that you can find support here and you aren't Alone. It is a difficult journey but it will Not always be as dark.

Prayers to you and your family

3. David Hughes

David Hughes Well-Known Member

Love6392,

Your daughter Jasmine was beautiful, her smile must have melted so many hearts in life. I am truly sorry for your tremendous loss.

It will take time to recover from such a tragic loss. Your love for Jasmine shows in your words. As you say she will be with you a lifetime, in your heart, mind and soul. Her memory will live on with you.

Remembering is a way to bring them back to us in our greatest time of need. Please never feel like shedding tears isn’t natural, it is a way to cope with what we have lost.

I hope you have family to talk with, or friends to reach out to, and even others who are complete strangers. It allows you to share your deepest sorrow for Jasmine. Just know as time passes, Jasmine will be right there with you in spirit.

Watch out for despair and feeling hopeless, it is a sign of coming depression. Make sure to take care of yourself, including your feelings, and share what your heart will allow you to talk about.

Take care.

-david

Here is some music for you

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  4. mskelli

mskelli Member

i lost my daughter to a tragic and freak accident nov 12,2017,she had just turned 33 nov 8. She and 2 of her friends traveled to the city 2 hrs away to spend her bday weekend w them and her best friend.
    i lost so much that day. the friends that were w her i also considered my friends,one of them was at our house all the time growing up. They all 3 were killed so I feel as if I lost them also.
    She was married at the time and her and this husband had a 16 month old together and he had 2 daughters by a previous marriage,that we considered our grandchildren also. My daughter had a 7 yr old from her first marriage,her father was rarely in the picture. They were all being raised as sisters,as a family of 6.
    Just 6 weeks after my daughters death my world crashed yet again. Her widow moved one of my daughters friends in MY DAUGHTERS HOUSE.
    I was shocked and hurt by both of them and just in total disbelief. I tried hard to accept in but within 2 weeks of her moving in he called my other daughter and told her to come pick up Sherrys things. I was then out raged and just sick,how disrespectful and just made me think he never even cared for my daughter or her daughter. I said things I shouldnt of but I was hurting so bad. Not only did I loose my daughter,my best friend,i lost 2 friends and I lost her whole family. The sisters were all split up so my daughters 2 daughters couldnt even be w ea other so what was left of my heart was just shattered.
    The older daughter who is now 10 came to live w us but his 2 kids and the baby who is now 4 stayed w him. We had to get a lawyer to even get visitation rights to see her. In the meantime while we are fighting to get to see the baby and trying to be strong for the 7 yr old,I had to see him and her spend money left and right. They went to Jamaica,he bought her 2 new SUVs he bought him a new truck,they got a travel trailer and he sold MY DAUGHTERS HOUSE and bought a new house for them,his new family. All from my daughters death,he profited and is happily going on w his life as if Sherry and her older daughter Anna was never even apart of his. I just dont feel I can ever heal from any of this,and as her bday and her angelversary draw near Im filled w anxiety and anger.

5. Vickie

Vickie Active Member

I am truly very sorry for your Losses. Not only your daughter but friend and family. I have posted here a few times but not often. Something lead me to the site Tonight. I just read your post and I can understand a bit of your loss. My daughter was killed in 2009 in. very tragic car accident. She left behind a beautiful little five yr old daughter and husband. A short time after her passing I went to pick up my granddaughter for a visit and discovered my son in law was seeing a friend of theirs and she was staying over at times. Much more to the story but I can tell you that ten years later it All blew up. My son in law finally realized he had been used. I am so very sorry for All that you are trying to get through. As you unfortunately know just the pain of losing a child can be nearly unbearable. My thoughts are to try to focus on the grandchild you are caring for and know that the anger and anxiety are not helping your health. I don't blame you for feeling as you do but I believe love is extremely powerful. Keep talking. Remember that you are not totally alone. My granddaughter is now sixteen year and she questions her Dad about what he did back then. Your grandchildren will grow up and See for themselves. In the meantime don't give up. My prayers are with you. Take care of yourself.

6. mskelli

mskelli Member

You have helped me more than you know. Its hard not to wish bad karma onto them,but I do try to stay positive ecspecially around and for my grandbabies. I want them to know I will always be there for them and I want them to know how much there mama loved them. I will continue to try to keep moving forward. Thank u again. Sometimes just knowing youre not alone helps

7. Vickie

Vickie Active Member

Hello again, I am glad that I hopefully brought you a little comfort or support. I met a very dear friend a couple years after I lost my daughter on a grief site. We actually lived in the same state by luck. We talk just about every day through email mostly and I know that having just one person who understood my grief kept me going. A lifeline. If you want to talk more please feel free to. If not I understand. My prayers are with you. Take Care.

Monique1979 likes this.
  8. Monique1979

Monique1979 Member

I have been reading through your posts and may I just say you are a strong lady .. I recently lost my son aged 23yesrs old my world is crushed my heart is aching and I don’t know what to do in life now

9. Monique1979

Monique1979 Member

Hi Vickie I also lost my son recently in a car accident and needing to be interacting with people they are going or have been through what I am going through. My life has been torn apart from me and I am trying to think positive tho it doesn’t feel like there is anything to be positive about I adored this boy with every bone in my body and I’m still in denial

10. Vickie

Vickie Active Member

Hello Monique, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Son. I don't know if your loss was within the last year but it is I believe the hardest thing to happen in life, to lose a Child. It's unnatural for a parent to bury their Child. It's almost beyond comprehensible but unfortunately the depth of the grief and heartache we go through remind us every waking moment. I believe it was over a couple of years ago after losing my daughter before I was just going through another day of existence that I suddenly realized that I hadn't thought of my daughter that morning before I had opened my eyes. I guess what I'm trying to say is that as dark and relentless as everything feels right now it does eventually lift. You will one day be able to replace tears that now could probably feel an ocean with good memories. The grief never completely leaves Us but life will not always feel So dark and pointless. It's a hard journey that none of us ever envisioned but if you have someone who can understand and offer a hand up when you just feel you can't go on it can be an enormous comfort.

Please keep talking and reaching out. You are not alone. My prayers to you.

Momof3sons and Monique1979 like this.
  11. Vickie

Vickie Active Member

I wanted to add that we all grieve differently. Don't be hard on yourself or let others tell you to move on. If it feels overwhelming take it one day at a time and if that seems to much then a hour a time. Just be kind to yourself. You have been through a lot. Take care

Momof3sons likes this.
  12. Monique1979

Monique1979 Member

13. Monique1979

Monique1979 Member

Hi Vickie sorry for your loss and thank you for taking your time out to respond to me. I hope one day I do wake up and see the light. It’s only 2 months since I lost my son I have night mares about him he passed away in a tragic car accident and he comes to me in my dreams. I have 2 other daughters tho I have pushed them to the side because my son was my only son 23 years old and his life stripped of him in a instant he died at the scene. I can’t bring myself to go to the grave yard I cry countless times a day and trying to put a good memory of the loving kind boy I had is so hard I just feel lost in this world and think do I want you wake up in the morning xx

14. Vickie

Vickie Active Member

I was checking my email and the grief site popped up. I am So Sorry again. I have one other older daughter. My daughter Alicia that was killed in the car accident was the youngest. Her car rolled down a very steep embankment through a fence and landed in a water treatment plant where she drowned. Unfortunately she was badly injured before her car landed in the sewage water plant. Several people tried to rescue her but unable. It took awhile before I could close my eyes and not feel like I would be haunted by nightmares. Your pain is very raw and my heart and prayers are with you. I know that I got to the point where I just wanted to go and not feel the unrelentless pain that I was covered in. I finally came upon on a grief site about eighteen months after my daughter's passing. That was what brought me a bit of hope and strength and support. I had family and friends but many people seem to fear mentioning the loss probably because they know there are not words that can make it better. My prayers for you are as dark as it feels and hopeless I can tell you the way you are feeling will not be forever. It takes time and it's not an easy road but it's possible to find hope again. Your daughter's I am sure are hurting to. Please just keep sharing and remember you are not alone my friend.

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  15. Monique1979

Monique1979 Member

That must have been such a shock to you as her mother I personally think the mothers are the ones that take it the hardest we nutured then we brought them up and it’s soul destroying very sad situation you have been in god bless your daughter she will always be with you tho. I am still at a early stage tho needing all the support I can and family and friends can on say or do so much before you feel smothered by them or even agitated even tho they are only trying to help. My son was catapulted from the vehicle that apparently was going at a fast speed and he was pronounced dead at the seen bless him he was a amazing young lad but I can’t accept if I just look at the door waiting on him coming in people say he’s in a better place I say no because he was in a good place here he loved life xxx

16. Vickie

Vickie Active Member

he best place is with You. I know people mean well but I understand that the best place for your Son is Here. I think it's almost impossible to wrap our minds around our Child not coming home. I know you must think of your Son and the accident often it's impossible not to I understand. Early on I realized that I had to try and not go there because I couldn't change the outcome. I hope one day that you will feel even a moment of peace. That may sound so simple to many people but I know it's anything but that.

Prayers to you.

17. Monique1979

Monique1979 Member

I know I have a long grieving process ahead of me tho as you say we just want our child with us. I do feel his presence tho it’s not the same as hearing him crack a joke or making me laugh or me just being there for when he needed me . Remember I’m here to help as well for you

18. Vickie

Vickie Active Member

I am actually at my in laws this weekend in Napa ,CA. I live in the valley about 3 hrs away. It's very close to where some of the big fires you may have heard about that California has been hit with. Anyway my husband's mom passed away 3 wks ago and we are here visiting his father. I have been fortunate to have not lost many people since my daughter's death. Having been here recently and not seeing. my mother in law seems that as very strange. She has always been here. It has stirred up emotions that I haven't felt in a very long time. So having the chance to talk with you has been helpful and I am grateful. None of us want to be here but it's not as lonely with another person who understands. The loss of a child is a universal connection. You don't see race, religion, etc.... thank you for your kindness during your difficult time

19. Monique1979

Monique1979 Member

Hey Vickie I see your emotions will probably be raring up from the last and difficult for you. When someone passed away the grief we go through is horrible tho you have done the hardest grieving in life snd that is of your child passing before you God bless I sending you lots of strength and positivity xxx

20. Vickie

Vickie Active Member

Thank you for your thoughtful words and just being here to offer support. I hope you are doing as well as possible. I know that just getting the each day is a challenge. It will not always be the challenge it is now. I remember one Mom telling me many years ago that eventually the pain moves from being right in front of your face to your shoulders. I believe that is probably the best way to try and describe it. It's so raw right now for you. Thank you again friend

Monique1979 likes this.