*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost my baby boy

Discussion in 'Suicide Loss' started by Lhcuc, Feb 28, 2022.

1. Lhcuc

Lhcuc New Member

I am new here and I lost my baby boy on September 3 2021 and it's the hardest thing. I don't know what to do I'm so lost. I lost him to suicide and just really struggling with that.

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  2. wolfdream

wolfdream Active Member

Hello Lhcuc,
    I am truly sorry for the tragic loss of your beloved son. Suicide is very traumatic and a very complex form of grief. My beloved died by suicide very close to the time your son did. It is a very raw and fresh loss so it's normal to feel very crushed. I just want to tell you I acknowledge how painful this is. What has helped me carry the unbearble so far has been a support group for suicide loss, getting text messages from Grief Coach (specifically for suicide loss), reading books for adults and children about loss, listening to Shapes of Grief podcasts and these free videos: https://www.davidkesslertraining.com/suicide-loss-support

I hope you can find something to express your pain or to feel support.

Take gentle care of your wounded heart.

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  3. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear son. Our son was 28 and the sunshine of my life. He also died due to suicide. How old was your son?
    This is a heartache that is almost unbearable. The pain in our chest where our heart has had that precious child torn out feels like it is going to just explode the pain is so bad, doesn't it. Surely, we will never experience anything else so tragic and painful for the rest of our lives. This is the worst.
    I do want to encourage you though. Your loss is so very recent that you must find a way to be strong enough to survive this. My answer was to hold onto God and keep waiting for Him to help me. The progress is very slow in a circumstance like this, so you must be patient with yourself. When people think you are taking too long mourning and need to move on it just means they don't and can't understand. Only another mother who has borne this terrible grief can understand, so stay on this site and continue to receive encouragement from those who know you can make it, even when you think that is impossible. One day you will find the circumstances will not take up every waking moment of your life and you will be surprised you were able to make it when you thought you never could. I even told God He must have been wrong when He said He would never give us more than we can bear but that He will make a way of escape. I found out I was the one who was wrong, because I unbelievably have continued on 21 years when I thought I would not be able to make it one more day.
    Sending lots of love and hugs your way,
    Chris