*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost Mom To Cancer In December

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by SRF2002, Jan 4, 2023.

1. SRF2002

SRF2002 New Member

My mom was diagnosed 6 years ago with breast cancer and fought for so long but two weeks ago it took her life. She was my best friend and now I feel as if she left me all alone. Both my dad and brother keep their emotions to themselves so I have no one to really talk to. I try and talk to my friends but they do not truly understand what I am going through. I was holding hands with my mom the moment she passed and all I can hear is her taking her last breathe.

I went into my moms room the other day expecting to see her and she wasn't there which made me breakdown. I have been having panic attacks at night to the point where I make myself sick and can no longer breathe.

I don't know how I am supposed to keep going without her. She always knew what to say to make me feel better. I lay awake at night crying until I fall asleep but I do not know what to do.

Tareed likes this.
  2. Tareed

Tareed Member

I can totally relate. I lost my mom to cancer in November 29th last year. She was diagnosed in April as terminal. And went into hospital admission in August and never left. I cried every day she was in the hospital unable to even lift her hand to wipe her mouth. She was my only friend and I went through all of that by myself since she was the only person I had. I have had such a hard time ever since her passing. With no one to talk to about how I feel about it.

3. Hbrooks09

Hbrooks09 New Member

I can relate. Lost my mom in December to cancer. I was 9 months pregnant. I gave birth 19 days after she passed. She never got to meet my son. She was my whole support system and now I feel so alone. Time definitely has not healed the wound.