*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost mom in October and dealing with anxiety

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by jjambow, Dec 25, 2022.

1. jjambow

jjambow New Member

Lost my mom Oct 24, 2022. I’m so confused. My life is going great in every aspect. I cried like crazy week before my moms passing. Watching her in her last hurt so bad. I cried all the time I was with her. Since her passing and her funeral I haven’t really cried or shown much emotion about it. Now I have anxiety from her passing. I’m not sure if I’m not grieving and holding it in or what. Can someone relate what I’m going thru?

2. Clover8705

Clover8705 New Member

I lost my mom Oct 23, 2022. You are not alone in how you are feeling. We all grieve in different ways.
    I myself have cried multiple times to myself when no one is around. But because I am keeping all my thoughts and feelings/emotions about her passing to myself I still feel like I am semi-bottling it up. I have noticed since her funeral my anxiety that I normally can function with has gotten alot hard to keep under control and because I am keeping all my feelings and thoughts about it to myself I have come to be a little more irritable and impatient with people and situations in my life. That is why this week I recently joined this community to try and open up a little and express the feelings are eating me up inside.

3. Bafutgirl

Bafutgirl New Member

I can relate. I started having anxiety attacks when I learned of my mom's passing. I got on treatment because I couldn't breathe and I was terrifying everyone around me. I haven't cried since it feels so strange

4. Missingmom

Missingmom New Member

Lost my mom Sept. 10 from dementia. Was strong through it. I was there when she took her last breath. Did fine until the first week in January when it all came crashing down. I have fear all the time and have had crying meltdowns. I'm being treated and am slowly working through it day by day.