*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost Husband 2/20/2021 Devasted

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by NancyD, Feb 25, 2022.

1. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Karen,

Miss you... I haven't seen you in awhile, but I've been MIA for several days.

I think about you often, hope you're doing okay... Hope you've had at least a few "real" laughs lately...

Sending you and Rambo lots of hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Van Gogh likes this.
  2. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

Deb, I'm around here and there with small comments. I did have a laugh yesterday and it was because I was such an idiot. Laughed at myself. I was on my cell and was putting in Jack's ID and password, my daughter was with me, and for the life of me I couldn't get the letters and numbers right although I've done it a zillion times. Talk about foggy brain. Well, I guess laughing at a foggy brain is better than not laughing at all, Hum! not to sure about that.
    Hey everyone, how about posting your "real" laughs on GW's if you have any. No fake laughs. Always blessings to you Deb and everyone here. Karen

DEB321 and Van Gogh like this.
  3. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

A ‘real’ laugh: this morning it is pouring down rain. Monsoon feeling since last night, windy….
    Maggie stood for a full minute looking up at water dripping from the eaves … it was dropping right on her face and she just kept standing there looking up. She was mesmerized, I was dying laughing (inside trying not to distract her.)

4. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Thanks for that image of Maggie,
    Bernadine. Bet you wished you had your
    camera! Lou

Countess Joy likes this.
  5. cjpines

Oh my, I'm laughing because I can just visualize Maggie experiencing her new adventure of nature.

Countess Joy and Van Gogh like this.
  6. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Karen,

So good to "see" you!!!, TUTTAM!!! (My new spicier version, Total Understatement To The Absolute Max, but even this is beginning to grow a bit stale...) I'm so glad you had one of those "real" laughs yesterday... I'm glad that widow foggy brain is a "real" thing, or else I would have thought I had lost my mind many months ago. I've had the same experience you just described, more times than I want to admit, lol... A friend from "home" told me to pick up one of those password books. I was totally clueless, but as soon as she told me what it is, I ordered one that same day. When it arrived, I copied all of my passwords into it and was so proud of myself. No more having to reset passwords, no more over the top frustrating moments when I know I know that password, but can't retrieve it from inside this way too foggy widow brain. The first day I had to use it, I found out I had written the wrong password down for one of my online credit card accounts. I soon realized the book is only as good as the person who put it together, lol... However, as long as we can laugh at our hopefully (not forever!!!) foggy widow brains, I think we're okay!!!, TUTTAM!!!

I LOVE!!! your idea!!! Maybe we should keep a running thread with everyone contributing their "real" laughs to it. We all need some humor to spice up our days..., to remind us that we WILL NOT!!!, TUTTAM!!! (This is now officially over the top stale!!!), allow Mr. Grief to invade every single second 24/7...

I wish I had a "real" laugh to share with you, with everyone today, but so far, my day has been mostly "beige." However, in the scheme of life, "beige," can sometimes be a very good thing. (Decided it is time to leave it out.)

As always, sending you and Rambo lots of hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Van Gogh likes this.
  7. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Bernadine,

Still lol...!!! I'm trying to picture Maggie... getting wet, so fascinated by that dripping water... Puppies are the ABSOLUTE!!! best!!!, TUTTAM!!!

Thanks for the laugh!!! I can NEVER!!! get enough of them (thinking it but it's now way too stale to use all the time).

Hope Mother Nature has decided to be kinder to your corner of the world...

As always, sending you and Maggie lots of hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Countess Joy and Van Gogh like this.
  8. cjpines

Deb, I was thinking about a running thread too, but wasn't sure the people who are new to their loss would appreciate it. What do you think? For some reason I laugh at the stupids things, maybe it's compensating not wanting Mr. Grief to enter.
    I think I'll check on that password book. Mine are typed and hand scribbled on 8x10 paper, thank you. Always, blessings, K

Van Gogh likes this.
  9. Debra M

Debra M Well-Known Member

Hi Chad, And my name is Debra. And I just wanted to say that I'm so sorry for your loss... I know exactly how you feel because I lost my husband on February 11, just 17 days ago. The grief that we go through is extremely painful, and yes, the worst times of our lives... and I'm so thankful to have found this site and TGWs also.

Take care always
    Debra

csmith532 and Van Gogh like this.
  10. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Karen,

I'm frazzled to the absolute max, and was about to put away my chrome book for the evening, when I saw this post. Of course, I have to answer!!! Now that I finally have all the correct passwords (hope I didn't just jinx myself, lol!!!), I love this book!!! It saves me from so many unwanted, so NOT needed frustrating experiences. I ordered mine on line from Target, my friend got hers on Amazon, but I'm guessing you can get one just about anywhere. They're inexpensive and so worth it. I'm beginning to sound like one of those late night infomercials, so stopping here.

I think even people who are new to their loss might be able to benefit from it, maybe not right away, but maybe it would give them hope, knowing that from now on, life isn't just doom and gloom.

You are a very wise person!!! TUTTAM!!! First you came up with Mr. Grief, now with this. I say go for it!!! I wish I had something funny to contribute.

Backing way up, before I got my password book, mine were scribbled on various size scraps of paper, stuffed into a plastic sandwich bag. Talk about being disorganized, lol... At least you were smart enough to scribble them on 8x10 paper.

Sending you and Rambo lots more hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Gary166, Debra M and Van Gogh like this.
  11. cjpines

Ok thanks. I'll do a new thread and buy the password book. I have to say, Deb, you have a way with words to express your heart to others in such a unique way.

Debra M, Countess Joy and Van Gogh like this.
  12. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Deb, thank you for telling Karen what
    TUTTAM stood for. I'll be honest & say
    that it was driving me batty-----"BIG
    TIME!!!" as you often say. I enjoy your
    talks with our old friends, like Karen,
    and your other ones in which you are
    compassionate to new members of GIC. L

13. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

Great idea ladies, I agree to a “real laughs” thread, giving hope that laughing in the future is possible. ~B

Van Gogh likes this.
  14. csmith532

csmith532 Well-Known Member

Debra,

Thank you for your reply. I am sorry for your loss as well. Glad you found this site.

-Chad

Gary166, Van Gogh and Debra M like this.
  15. csmith532

csmith532 Well-Known Member

Deb,

I appreciate the reply and kind words. Fergie thanks you as well

-Chad

Van Gogh likes this.
  16. Debra M

Debra M Well-Known Member

You're welcome, Chad. And thank you so much for your reply as well as for your condolences. And I'm so glad that we both found this site, because there are people on here that are so supportive, so kind,,and so empathetic, and we all need to be supportive of each other...
    Take care always,
    Debra

csmith532, Gary166 and Van Gogh like this.
  17. NancyD

NancyD Member

Thank you, Chad. Unbelievable loss we all have suffered.
    Chad, glad to hear you have support here. I know for me I would be lost without having others who are on this awful journey we are all on. I appreciate your kind words, Chad.

csmith532 and Van Gogh like this.
  18. NancyD

NancyD Member

Deb,
    Sadly I get it. I had so many doctors and people all talking 'at' me rather than to me. I am a social worker and was surprised at how awful families are treated when a loved one is dying. Like you, I had no idea what I was singing or what was being said as numerous doctors informed me in numerous times my husband was not going to live and 'what would he want you to do?" WTF. I want you to keep my husband alive. I am sorry your kids and you had so many issues. I too wanted to be left alone. My wonderful adult son and daughter-in-law are supportive. But I think most don't get what we are going through. I hope your daughter has arrived. Please feel free to chat with me if I can be a support as I try to survive this awful nightmare, the loss of my husband.

DEB321 and Van Gogh like this.
  19. NancyD

NancyD Member

Lou, I think I thanked you for the response. I am still in a horrible fog and life is a blur. I am looking into grief support groups even though such issues are part of my career as a social worker, professor, and clinician. I appreciate your support. I don't think we ever get over such deep losses.
    Gary, deeply sorry for your loss.
    Lou, my husband's name was William. The only person in the whole world who was so much like me. I think friends and family are overwhelmed with our grief given the loss is so huge. Thank you for sharing. I am sorry you lost Cheryl.

Gary166 and Van Gogh like this.
  20. NancyD

NancyD Member

Gary,
    I am still in such a fog I am not sure I thanked you or responded to your kind input. I am only 12 days into the loss of my husband of 30 years and blindly stumbling through life at the moment. I do have my adult son and his wonderful family. But they cannot take on my horrible loss. They like all of us, have to get back to living. It just doesn't feel fair to any of us who've lost a significant other. Thank you, Gary.

Gary166 and Van Gogh like this.