*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Loss of my wife

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Joe65, Jan 25, 2023.

1. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Rose,

Thank you. Keeping my fingers crossed, she will pass the Canine Good Citizen test. For now, another one of those TBC's... Worst outcome, if she doesn't pass it, she already brings so much happiness into my bittersweet existence, and brings smiles to my neighbors' faces whenever she's outside. No matter the outcome, I think she is the one saving me, not the other way around. I'm so madly in love with my angel/devil dog!!!, TUTTAM!!! You, and all of TGW, are going to get so tired of hearing me "talk" about the furry love in my life, lol!!! I believe we were meant to be together...

My Velcro devil/angel dog's over the top anxiety whenever I leave her is tough for both of us, just in different ways. Cleaning up after leaving her is way past exhausting, but I know she can't help it. My heart breaks for her every time I think of what might have caused this behavior. Tomorrow she is being spayed. She needs to remain quiet and calm for 7 - 10 days afterwards, so I'm mostly going to be held captive at home by my angel/devil dog. My neighbors, including one person who is usually afraid of dogs, love her. Several of them have offered to dog sit while she is recovering, so I can run errands, and go to the grocery store. I NEVER!!! thought the day would come when I would say this, and truly mean it, but after Bob's death, the car accident, and now offers to dog sit Skye, I'm so grateful to be living in a neighborhood filled with so many good people.

You said it better than I ever could when you said, Bob is actually with me because he is a part of me. Although I'm still in an over the top emotional mood, I smiled through the tears when I read this. C and Bob helped morph us into the people who we are today. I believe they would be so proud of us, if they knew how far we've come since they passed away. I believe someday, we will be reunited with them, but until then, the best way we can honor their memories is to live our lives to the very fullest extent possible, savor the good moments, know that the bad ones will pass... that in spite of how bittersweet life has become, and always will be, life is a gift, and we need to try to cherish the time we have left on earth. To repeat one of Bob's favorite expressions, "Every day I'm on the right side of the dirt is a good day." Bob got it right.

As always, sending you lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

eyepilot13, Gary166, cjpines and 2 others like this.
  2. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

B,

It's so good to "see" you here. I've missed you... Maggie Joy is so way past adorable!!!, TUTTAM!!! I think rescues make some of the best furry family members, always so grateful for finding their forever homes... Skye has only been with me for about 3 weeks, but I can't even begin to imagine not having her in my life...

It makes me smile BIG!!! TIME!!! hearing that Maggie Joy has finally settled in... There is something so very special about the bond we share with our furry family members... Dogs, cats too, are the absolute best!!!, TUTTAM!!!

As always, sending you and Maggie Joy, lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace, all the way from TUTTAMVILLE. Debster

Gary166, Van Gogh and Rose69 like this.
  3. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Karen,

Thank you for your over the top kind words... It helps me to "talk" to you, to all of TGW, because I know you "get" where I'm coming from. Lots of times I think I'm only going to type a short message, but the words just seem to write themselves. Once I get going, I just can't seem to stop, but, and this is another one of those really BIG!!! BUTS!!!, I don't need to tell you this, lol!!! (If Bob could, I know he would have something funny to say about this!!!)

It's hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that on April 11th, at 3:45 a.m., it'll be exactly two years since Bob passed away. Time seems to stand still, and go by so quickly, all at once, but the one constant thing in this F*CKED!!! up new "normal," we've been tossed into, is the constant support, and love, from TGW, our GIC "family."

Thank you for being here for me from the very beginning of this miserable journey, for lack of a better word, that not one of us would have EVER!!! in a zillion years have chosen to take, TUTTAM!!!

I'm running late... Need to take Skye for her before dinner walk...

As always, sending you and Winky, lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace, all the way from TUTTAMVILLE. Debster

P.S. BEWARE: I'm sure there will be lots more chapters in the book of Debster & Skye, lol...

4. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

We will look forward to next chapter of the book of "Debster & Skye" I just love this new name for your book. And please don't NOT stop talking about little Skye.

Rose69, Van Gogh and Gary166 like this.
  5. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

It would be nice to have a balmy and early Spring for a change! February is my hardest month... glad it only has 28 daze!

Gary166, RLC, Rose69 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

BroGar, bad news this am from
    Punxsutawney Phil. He saw his shadow,
    and predicted 6 more weeks of winter.
    Meteorologists say he's correct 60 percent
    of the time.I feel good around St. Patrick's
    Day, bc it's right before the 1st day of
    spring . Even if the 1st day is crappy, we
    know spring is almost here. Hang in
    there, Bro! Lou

Gary166, RLC and Rose69 like this.
  7. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

In my experience he ALWAYS sees his shadow! Oh well,,, sharply cold wind today but sunny!

Gary166, RLC, Rose69 and 1 other person like this.