*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Loss of husband in 2020 and unearthing betrayal

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by TinktheChi, Feb 14, 2023.

1. Deborah A.

Deborah A. Well-Known Member

Dear Robin,

Thank you for sharing your story about Ron’s birthday. I’m planning something similar for Steve’s birthday, which is 9 days after the day of his death. I’m relieved to know that so many people who are grieving are also trying to celebrate the life they had and the love they shared. It makes me feel less alone to read all of these stories. I still miss Steve like crazy, and I particularly dislike days like this, when I feel incredibly alone in my life. Your wonderful remembrance of Ron also makes me feel less crazy for trying to find joy in memories despite the incredible pain of loss. Thank you! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️
    Deborah A.

RLC, Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  2. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me how to post a picture on this forum? Thank you, Karen

Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  3. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

Karen,
    Next to "Post Reply" at the bottom of the message box there is a button to "Upload a File"
    If you click on it, it will ask you to choose a file from your device; phone, tablet, computer.
    Your files and photos will be in whichever apps or folders you store them in.
    Then you insert the thumbnail, image, or as the attachment.
    Hit "post reply" as usual

4F4C57B9-E5A2-4C3E-AD53-D41BF476ED61.jpeg

This is what the sequence looks like on my ipad.
    ~B

Van Gogh and Rose69 like this.
  4. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

And we all have things that just post oddly on this site (The size and orientation can be a crap shoot.)

Van Gogh likes this.
  5. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

Thank you so much Patti! Your kind words mean so much to me. I am not doing well. I keep trying but nothing seems to help. I thought I was healing a few months ago but I've been back into this mind numbing and crushing depression. When I get a chance I'll do more art. I think I can do that. I'm so glad someone actually likes my art. That means a LOT to me. Thank you and much Love from me!

6. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Thank you so much Deborah A, Yesterday was difficult I’m not going to lie. But my daughter and I celebrated Ron’s life with memories , and the love we still feel. He made us smile and cry even though he’s not physically here we feel him. My brother misses his laugh my sister in law misses his stories my nephew has shared that during family get to get together Ron would go in the basement with the kids and watch Star Trek. I didn’t know that. Heis missed and still very loved. Deborah you’re not crazy in trying to find the joy from memories. It’s what we have, so cherish them. The pain is deep but the memories are too. Each of our soulmates brought us years of joy and laughter. And Thank you too Deborah ❤️

7. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

George, Don’t sell yourself short. You’re very talented! Your art makes me smile. You’re in my prayers. I’m hoping once we get out of the winter doldrums you’ll start healing again. You might be one of the strongest people I know and on this site. All you’re going through and you’re still bringing us smiles with your art. More love and prayers coming your way. Robin

8. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

I will try to do more art! Thanks!!!

9. cjpines

Ok B, thank you. I'll get to it later now I'm snowed in and have to take care of things.

Rose69, Countess Joy and Van Gogh like this.
  10. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Be careful. Ms. Hum! Heard on news that
    your state got whacked. We're lucky here
    on Massachusetts coast, bc the snow
    turned to rain. I pray we can get through
    March without a snowstorm. Our last
    bad year of storms was 2016, when Linda
    was alive. I hate beimg hindered in my
    walking outside, when the sidewalks
    are slippery. Linda's cane does help. Did
    you get your cane yet, Karen? Louster

Rose69 and eyepilot13 like this.
  11. cjpines

Yes, we are getting whacked. If the power goes out I won't be on line, have to save cell battery. I got my cane yesterday and was able to use it in the snow getting my mail. I just love it as why I want to take a picture for Garbear and the group. I'm not liking Mother Nature. I hope everyone here is okay. H

Rose69, eyepilot13 and Van Gogh like this.
  12. Van Gogh

So sorry about your dangerous weather.
    I pray you don't lose power, Ms. Hum. If
    you can, try to put a"LIKE"to our posts.
    If you're MIA , we will know why. So
    happy you received Gary's cane. Louster

cjpines likes this.
  13. cjpines

Thank you Louster and hope you're having a good day. It's just the PITS with the snow, rain and storms alone. Oh, just had a flicker of power, check in later, H

Van Gogh likes this.
  14. Van Gogh

Good luck, Ms.Hum! Just texted Gary
    about your snow---bad, and cane ---good.
    George is having a hard time, grieving
    for Valerie, and getting hit with miserable
    snow & cold rain. Lonesome Lousterino

15. Deborah A.

Thank you! It means the world to me that anything I can do helps someone who is grieving. Life can be so difficult, but we who know the depths of grief know real pain. I like to think it’s a mirror image of the joy we once embraced. I’m sending you love and hugs! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

16. Deborah A.

I’m so sorry for dumping my work stress here. I’m missing Steve so much, but it’s no excuse. Sorry!!

Rose69, Countess Joy and Van Gogh like this.
  17. Van Gogh

To quote a sappy movie from my youth,
    Love Story: Love means never having to
    say you're sorry! Deb, that's what us
    Grief Warriors are about: to listen ,
    with compassion , not judgement. Lou

Rose69 and cjpines like this.
  18. cjpines

Deb, I've just skimmed over your posts briefly, but I want to tell you never, "NEVER" be sorry for dumping on us. That's what we're here for. Because we understand, we get it, we need each other. Karen Ms Hum. I'll check in later hoping the power stays on, bad storm here. By-the-way, I had a son in special ed for 30 years so I'm familiar with the programs. He died 3 years ago.

19. Deborah A.

I’m so sorry about the loss of your son! That is pain beyond anything I understand. My heart is broken hearing this!

20. Deborah A.

To quote Lou Gehrig, (sort of) today I consider myself the luckiest person on the face of the earth! Accepted despite my warts! ❤️