*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Loss of Dad This Morning, First Parental Loss

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Pianotears, Jan 7, 2024.

1. Pianotears

Pianotears New Member

Hi everyone. My Dad passed away this morning after an 18 month battle with cancer, aged 73. Despite his death being very much expected, when it happened it completely blew me off my feet. I genuinely don’t know where to go from here. Please help.

MICHAEL2023 likes this.
  2. lancheair

lancheair New Member

i just joined so this is a very late response for you, i also lost my father but had to keep moving, i never stopped and pushed the fact that my dad died deep down inside of me and never grieved for him as i had so much going on in my own life, there is probably nothing to say that would help especially since its been this long without a response,

all i can say at this point is i hope you found peace in his passing, i found after these number of years, talking about him to others keeps him alive in my thoughts here and there, i have found some very interesting stories from others who knew him that i dont think i never would have found out if he was still alive as he was a private person

thats all i have, i never know what to say