*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Loss my Husband of 22 years

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Lisa H, Feb 13, 2022.

1. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

Lisa, everything you have expressed is a normal reaction to shock. We've all been through it or still going through it. You are, definitely, not alone, honestly. Bless you 100 times and more, Karen

Gary166 and Van Gogh like this.
  2. Debra M

Debra M Well-Known Member

Hi Lisa, I'm Debra. And I just want to say that I'm so sorry for your loss. And I know how extremely painful it is, and how much you miss your husband, because I lost my husband on February 11th. And I too cry every day, multiple times a day, and my kids are always in their rooms also. And if you have started going to the grief group, I hope that it has been some help in some way to you. I wish that I had friends close by, but I don't, and so I know exactly how you feel. I would like to correspond with you, and so please feel free to reach out to me anytime.
    Take care always,
    Debra

Van Gogh likes this.
  3. Lisa H

Lisa H Member

Hello Debra, I m sorry for your loss as well. Was it just this month you loss your husband ?. I go to a grief group but I feel I'm still in shock because my Husband wasn't ill. I feel most the people in my grief group are further along in their grief. I know we all grieve different. But I feel mine is raw right now. I can barely say my husband died without getting all chocked up and crying. I can be at work and then the anxiety comes and I'm smacked in the face on my god My husband Bruce is dead .Then I run to the bathroom and sob. I never had anxiety beofre.

Van Gogh likes this.
  4. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Lisa, I spoke with you before, Words can't
    fully express how sorry I am that your
    beloved husband & soulmate, Bruce,
    died so unexpectedly,especially at such
    a young age. I wasn't sure if you would
    stay with us on GIC, but I'm really glad you
    did, & reached out to Debra. She &
    Helena are the newest members of our
    group. I have closer friends here than
    outside, bc the people on GIC understand,
    & went through similar hell. I'm in the
    same category as you----sudden loss of
    spouse. When my wife, Linda,died
    suddenly in front of me, I was in a state
    of shock, either acting like a zombie,
    or weeping uncontrollably. Linda was 68.
    We were married 25 years, no children.
    She died right before Thanksgiving, over 3
    years ago. I still choke up, & cry a little,
    especially when I dream about her. In the
    dreams , I ask Linda a question. When
    she doesn't answer, I wake up crying,
    realizing she's not next to me, and.....
    dead. In my other dream, I hug Linda
    tightly & tell her I won't let her go. When
    I wake up, I'm hugging MYSELF , and
    cry. Instead of staying in bed, I sit at a table & get in GIC. Bc I live on the
    northern coast of Massachusetts, I
    sometimes see Karen, from California,
    and Bernadine (" Countess Joy"), from
    Oregon, bc they are in a different time
    zone. Thank you again for staying with
    us. We comfort each other. Lou

Patti 61, Debra M and cjpines like this.
  5. Debra M

Debra M Well-Known Member

Hello Lisa, and thank you so much for your condolences. And yes, it was on February 11th. And I completely understand why you are still in shock, being that your husband wasn't ill. And I hope that the grief group you are going to will some how be of some support to you. And it is so true that we all grieve different. And your grief is raw right now, and so it is understandable as well why you can barely say your husband died without getting all choked up and crying and running to the bathroom and sobbing. Oh, Lisa, my heart goes out to you!! The extremely heartbreaking grief that we are both going through is so very hard to deal with, and it is so very painful, and so emotionally exhausting, and it most definitely is physically also. And although you have never had anxiety before, this is anxiety at it's absolutely worst!! And it is the same way for me in that I can not even say my husband died without crying so hard and uncontrollably! And please know that you will be in my thoughts, and feel free to reach out to me anytime.

Take care always,
    Debra