*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Looking to talk

Discussion in 'LGBTQ Loss' started by Samcanava, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Samcanava

Samcanava Member

I lost my mate and best friend of 20 years on Dec 24 2019. It’s been one of the hardest things to go through. I need to make a connection with others that have gone or going through the loss. I feel lost or stuck not feel like I am progressing. Don’t feel my friends understand. I don’t want their pity

2. MayT

MayT Active Member

Hi, I am sorry for your loss.
    I lost my partner of almost 38 years this January 7, 2020. It is exactly 2 months and I still feel like it just happened. Some days I feel I am ok. Most days, I am just numb. Anything that will remind me of what I have lost and I am back in that dark hole.
    I know how it feels not not having anyone to talk to. Being here helps a lot because I am with people who can understand. I hope being here will help you too.

3. MayT

MayT Active Member

3 months

4. Samcanava

Samcanava Member

Sorry for your loss. I hope it does help. Looking to connect with people who understand what I'm going through without the pity or expecting a time limit on when I should be over the loss. I sometimes feel stuck or just existing with no direction. My mate was my rock and voice of reason. Know I'm stuck with thoughts and no one to listen. Hope to hear from you. Take care.

5. gail z

gail z Member

I can empathize completely with your expressed emotions. I lost my mate in March...……..45 years together. So-called friends do not understand the complete emptiness and overwhelming pain. I am often told to "snap out of it." Perhaps we can help another. Please private message me if you would like to talk. I hope to hear from you.

6. MayT

MayT Active Member

Hi gail z, it will be 4 months for me in a bit over a week and it is still that same feeling most days. I lost half of me, my life partner, who kept me grounded and happy and looking forward to the future. It is barely a month for you and I can imagine how raw you must feel.
    It helps to talk about how I feel and to remember her. However, I put up a brave face with among friends and relatives and keep silent because I am aware that it makes them uncomfortable if I mention her. They have gone back to their lives and have no idea how this loss must feel.
    Groups like this and also on facebook have been a great help to me because I am among people who do understand that grieving is a long painful process and is different for everyone. I am just here...

7. gail z

gail z Member

Thanks for responding, May T. I can well understand all that you expressed. I assume that you do not want to converse? I am sadly lacking a support system of friends and family and was hoping to speak with someone one on one.

8. MayT

MayT Active Member

Actually, my internet is spotty and I have not tried private message.