*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lonely

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by lredditt, Jan 10, 2022.

1. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

Always thinking of you and sending you good vibes... I am so outside the GIC loop right now.

Van Gogh likes this.
  2. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

As

I told Gary & George, I'm too old
    for cold winters up North. I'd like to
    live in Florida in winter, & up North,
    in summer. Lou

eyepilot13 likes this.
  3. eyepilot13

Man you take care! More snow in Chicago. Took GF to work. So uninterested in anything. I so hope the ABs help you. Much love!

Van Gogh likes this.
  4. Van Gogh

Thanks, George. TWO nights in hospital.
    In addition to lingering, upper respiratory
    cough ( after 3 weeks!!!), I have a lot of
    blood work, and hydration & nourishment on IV. I feel stronger, & enjoyed a good
    breakfast in bed!! I'm looking forward to
    milder temps, to walk outside, like you
    are!! Lou

DEB321 and eyepilot13 like this.
  5. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

Good to see your rapid responses to everyone Lou. I’m glad you feel safe in your temporary environment and hear that you’re feeling better. Now you can honestly say better days are coming. Especially if you land a temporary winter home in a warmer climate. My brother Mark likes Florida except for the summer months where everyone is driven inside do to the extreme heat. And then Mark has to consider hurricane season also. After you make a complete recovery you might decide where you’re at now might be the best place to stay. Life is a constant change and flux but TGW keep on trucking. Gary

6. eyepilot13

Hey Lou you already seem better and I'm so glad. Health is so important! Winter will not last forever!

DEB321 and Van Gogh like this.
  7. Van Gogh

Thanks, Gary. I soured on a place, that
    I love, 3 put of 4 seasons, a breeze by the ocean always put me in awe. Lou

eyepilot13 likes this.
  8. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Lou,

It's so good to "see " you this morning!!!, TU!!!, and especially hearing that you're already feeling stronger and even a enjoyed a good breakfast... Thanks for the smiles...

Need to keep this short. The changes in weather are my biggest triggers for migraines. I woke up to those flashing zigzagging , way too bright lines in my field of vision again. Good news is that after some more sleep, 800 mgs of ibuprofen and some caffeine, I'm feeling much better. However, my chrome book is bothering my eyes, so stopping here.

As always, sending you lots of hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Gary166, Van Gogh and eyepilot13 like this.
  9. Van Gogh

Poor Deb!! You & Jonathan suffer those
    blinding migraiines. Hope you feel better
    ASAP. I have a UTI, treated with Antibiotics.
    In addition. had a nostril exam for the
    original COVID 19, not requiring the
    hospitalization of previous variants, to my
    milder Omicron. I have a lot of blood work,
    X-rays, EKGs, covering the waterfront. In
    hospital for 2 nights, pending result of
    COVID 19 exam. Good to eat breakfast
    again, & have appetite back. Lunch,
    baked chicken, butternut squash, water,
    & vanilla ice cream, served at my bedside
    around 11:30 am today. Yum! Lou

Gary166 likes this.
  10. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree Lou. That would be a perfect world. My son is in south Florida has 63 today. Of course he thinks that’s cold. Lol! Sounds perfect to me. -4 here today. 63 sounds divine. Ron and I discussed a winter home in Florida too. Maybe you’ll get there Lou. Who knows. I just got my beef stew in my crock pot. Perfect for a winter cold day. Take care. Robin

Van Gogh likes this.
  11. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Deb I have to keep this short. So sorry about your migraine. I get them seriously bad too. Vision issues like you mentioned. I also find computers a my phone make them worse. Good luck feel better. I had one a couple days ago and lasted into 2 days. They suck big time. Hopefully when you’re reading this you’re feeling quite a bit better. Take care, Robin

DEB321 and Van Gogh like this.
  12. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

Thanks Deb, I missed this post. I think an IV will really help Lou, it's been way too long to be horribly sick.

Van Gogh likes this.
  13. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

We're all rallying for you Lou. I'm so glad you are being taken care of. It's been way too long to be sick. Mending is on it's way and soon you will be sitting on the dock looking at the beautiful sea -- of course when the storms decide to quit. Always prayers to you, K

Van Gogh, Gary166 and Patti 61 like this.
  14. Van Gogh

Robin & Deb: Latest Lou bulletin: It's extremely cold outside. The short staffed
    nurses like what they do. One just had
    Omicron, but is OK now. She told her
    fellow nurses not to quit----right now.My
    nurse said I was tested positive for
    COVID, but not to panic.I feel stronger
    on the IV, surrounded by friendly staff,
    than being scared--- home alone. The
    hospital can watch my UTI, weight loss,
    loss of sleep,and blood work. In the
    hospital, I feel safer .....Lou

cjpines, Gary166 and eyepilot13 like this.
  15. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Thank you for the update Lou. You sound more like you, calling it the Lou bullion! Glad you’re there being cared for by friendly caring staff. They’ll keep you safe. Hopefully covid gets out of your system soon and you’ll feel like your old self. I have 8° this morning, I imagine colder by you. But I’m supposed to get up to 32 today. Not sure you’re getting warmer temps though. I do worry that you’re getting hit by worse weather then I will get according to the map on the app. Stay positive and feel better. Robin

Gary166 and Van Gogh like this.
  16. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Lou,

Thank you for the update. Like Robin, I’m glad you’re in the hospital, getting the care you need to recover ASAP!!! You sound like yourself again, a very good sign of much better days ahead….

It’s been pouring here since last night, but it’s much better than the miserable weather you, Robin, and many more of TGW are experiencing. I have to keep this short, and will probably be MIA until tomorrow. My chrome book and computer are still bothering my eyes.

Since you’re getting excellent care, I don’t have to be a pita and keep repeating the usual, get lots of rest, etc, etc, etc, - Everything you already know anyway.

As always, sending you hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Gary166, Van Gogh and eyepilot13 like this.
  17. eyepilot13

Hope your eyes feel better! Much LOVE and hugz!

DEB321, Gary166 and Van Gogh like this.
  18. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Deb, so sorry that your migraine is continuing. Hydrate hydrate hydrate. And I know you know caffeine helps. You probably can’t get out but for the future excedrin migraine helps. I can’t take it. I can’t have caffeine but my daughter gets migraines and it helps her. She gets the vision one too. Then debilitating pain. Feel better!! Robin

DEB321, Gary166 and Van Gogh like this.
  19. Van Gogh

Hi, Deb. As it turned out, company
    policy was that I stay only ONE night at
    hospital. I told the doctor on duty that my
    UTI was preventing me from getting a good
    night's sleep,and that my hot meal had
    already been ordered.I also told him about
    being a senior, a widower, and losing
    interest in food. I said I felt weak, & was
    very disappointed about leaving. He was