*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Its OK to not Be OK

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by eyepilot13, Mar 27, 2022.

1. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

I’m sad all the way to my bones.
    My muscles ache.
    Overwhelmed by tiny tasks.
    Tears.
    Apparently Mr. G decided to stop at my place overnight.
    I’m exhausted.
    ~B

DEB321, cjpines, Gary166 and 4 others like this.
  2. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

I hear you!

3. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Bernadine, do what I've had to do lately,
    when I've had survivor's guilt over Linda's
    death-----3 & a half years ago!----kick Mr.
    Grief in the ass. Deb, George, & other GW
    agree. Hope you feel differently later.
    Hope the snow is gone, your sunny 60s
    temps return, and you & Maggie can go
    outside again to play. Lou

Sweetcole, Dreary, cjpines and 2 others like this.
  4. Dreary

Dreary Well-Known Member

Bernadine, so very sorry, was there the last two days...trying hard to be better today,,,,sending you hugs, wishes for comfort, peace and a bit of sunshine, Rita

5. xell13

xell13 Active Member

I understand and am so sorry. I am feeling the same. Hard to find motivation but we have to try a bit. We are still here and they would want us to be happy and thrive, as impossible a task it seems right now. One day at a time. I try for my son. I put on a good face even though I am crushed inside. I try to find some little bit of purpose and it’s very hard. So many things that seem less important now. I pray for all of us - that we find light and happiness and purpose.
    Alex

Dreary, cjpines, DEB321 and 4 others like this.
  6. Countess Joy

Snow is now slushy mess where cars have been but still pretty on the fields and lawns.
    Big limbs down all over the neighborhood.
    Maggie had a run in with a snowman someone built in the park.
    Just came in from trimming on three of my trees that were blocking the sidewalk.
    Slick under foot. Heavy saw overhead.
    Right tool for the job but with a big power tool I thought of Gary’s tales and took it slow.
    The physical work always seems to help a mood.
    I might make it through the day with a little grace.
    Thanks GWs for your supportive words.
    ~B

7. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Grief is very exhausting. And you never when it will hit. But I’m here to tell you. There are better days ahead. It happens slowly. We’ll all get there. ❤️ Robin

Sweetcole, Dreary, xell13 and 2 others like this.
  8. Helena Beatriz

Helena Beatriz Well-Known Member

RNFetchBlobTmp_pyjg068htic1drtnslrljli.jpg RNFetchBlobTmp_pyjg068htic1drtnslrljli.jpg

DEB321, Dreary, Countess Joy and 4 others like this.
  9. Helena Beatriz

Helena Beatriz Well-Known Member

Good Morning George, Here is Wednesday masterpiece.

IMG_20220413_090655_kindlephoto-290339342.jpg

DEB321, Dreary, eyepilot13 and 4 others like this.
  10. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Helena, you're an inspiration, and so
    talented, as is George. "Hope springs
    eternal": it's finally sunny, & 60 degrees
    3 days in a row. More smiles around me,
    and I'm smiling more myself. Lou

11. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Robin,

I just looked at these way beyond beautiful ocean scenes again... I think I might have already said this, but, and this is another one of those really BIG!!! BUTS!!!, I'm so happy for you..., for your daughter... I've been crying so much this morning, but reading this message again, seeing pictures of the ocean, my very favorite, Bob's very favorite place on earth, knowing you and your daughter were enjoying a stress free moment..., has brought the very biggest smile to my face.

As always, sending you and Teddy lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

12. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Bernadine,

I'm so over the top in love!!! with Maggie!!!, TUTTAM!!! My very favorite fur baby loved!!!, TUTTAM, the snow too... She used to race around the house, the yard, we called her the "Road Runner", after that cartoon character, only she wasn't running from "Wile E. Coyote", just out of sheer joy... When she got tired of running around the yard, racing in circles around the house, she would make doggie snow angels. It was the cutest thing to watch, lol...

Sorry about the snow in April, but so glad at least Maggie enjoyed it to the absolute max...

Thanks for the smiles... Something I can NEVER!!! get enough of.

Hope you and Maggie have a day filled with all kinds of adventures...

As always, sending you and Maggie lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

13. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Bernadine,

No words of wisdom, no advice, just lots and lots of hugs and love being sent your way... It SUCKS!!!

I've had to kick Mr. Grief in the ass so many times this past week, had to kick him in the ass more than once already today too... I kicked him as hard as I could in the ass for Rita, for all of our GIC "family, just a short while ago. I'm giving him another BIG KICK!!! just for you...

Sending you and Maggie lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

14. Countess Joy

Good morning, Deb
    I just knew the pictures of Maggie Joy in the snow would bring you a smile.
    The unseasonable weather ended up giving me an excuse to rest when Maggie was asleep. My body needed it.
    I thought about you the last couple of days. So many opportunities for joy and grief to sit side by side.
    Thanks for giving Mr. Grief a kick for me…. I know we shouldn’t be mean to him, I suppose he’s just doing his job but, I Kinda hope it leaves a bruise. ~B

15. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Alex,

Your husband's death (I'm so sorry, I either forgot, foggy widow brain SUCKS!!!, or since I've been MIA for awhile, don't know your husband's name), is so very recent... Please... be extra gentle with yourself. As I think Gary has said, and I agree, you are going through the very worst time. The first few months, especially those first few months were the absolute worst!!!, TUTTAM!!!, the most heartbreaking time in my entire life... I "get" it. It SUCKS!!!

I'm so glad you're sticking with us and have become part of our GIC "family." In time, life does get better, never the same, it never could be as good as it once was, without the one true love of our lives here to share it with us, but it will improve. You are doing all the hard work grieving forces us to do. Plus, you have a very positive attitude. I agree, take things "one day at a time", one minute at a time, if necessary. In the very beginning of this miserable journey (for lack of a better word), I forced myself to find something to be grateful for every day before I got out of bed, even if it was only that I was still able to get out of bed.

Now, a year later, I'm finding it so much easier to find things to be grateful for each and every day. I'm beginning to rediscover who I am now that I'm no longer part of a couple. I'm beginning to find my way in the world, alone, and for the first time ever, confident in my decisions, knowing I'm fully capable of taking care of myself. It's a wonderful feeling, but so very bittersweet, all at the same time... You will get here too. You have already begun to heal, even if you don't realize it (yet). As Robin has so beautifully said, "healing happens so slowly, you won't recognize it at first, but it does happen!!!," or something similar to this. We'll be with you every step of the way.

I've added you to my daily prayers... I pray for strength for all of our GIC "family," the strength necessary to confront all those miserable battles with Mr. Grief, to be able to continue to heal, trusting God will lead each one of us down the path that is best for us. I've become a much more religious person since Bob's death. I know God has a plan for all of us... In time we will discover what it is.

Even at your most difficult moments, when it takes every single ounce of strength you have, just to get out of bed, you are healing. You must feel all this over the top pain... let your emotions out..., be present in the moment, no matter how difficult it is. It is only through grieving that we are able to heal. There is no escaping Mr. Grief, sooner or later he WILL!!! catch up with you, the reason it's so necessary to confront him head on. However, it's also necessary to take breaks from grieving whenever possible. As Gary has said, the secret to life is moderation, (or something similar to this.) (I learn so much from all of TGW.. Each member of our "family" helps me grow, continue to grow, become a better version of myself, each and every day.) So, on those days when you're able to, give Mr. Grief a good swift kick in the ass, and be present in the moment, whether it's enjoying some fresh air and sunshine, or a hot cup of herbal tea on a chilly evening...

Beginning to ramble and I want to do some errands, so stopping here (for now.)

As always, sending you hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

16. Countess Joy

Thank you for this affirmation, Robin. It really helped to read it yesterday, and then again this morning. ~B

17. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Bernadine,

I can always count on you for a smile or laugh, or both... Thank you for making me laugh!!!, TUTTAM!!! Taking your wish a bit further, I hope it leaves not only a bruise, but a HUGE welt!!!, TUTTUM!!!

Sending you and Maggie more hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

18. xell13

xell13 Active Member

Van Gogh likes this.
  19. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Thank you Deb. I can’t even put into words how healing that visit was. And such a nice community of people. They all wave as they drive by. And don’t make me feel anxious as I walk so slow down to the water using my beach cane. I’m still anxious but everyone is friendly. So happy those pictures helped put a smile on your face. This is a rough month for you. I was a mess in Feb. some how we get through. Most my help comes from my friends here on GIC. And of coarse fresh air. I do miss Ron being with us on the beach. So many memories. But I feel his presence more then ever while we are there. I’m hoping you have less tears and have a chance to breathe today. ❤️ Robin

DEB321, Dreary, Van Gogh and 2 others like this.
  20. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

You’ll get there. It’s a seriously bumpy road. I’m not going to lie. I miss Ron every second. But I’ve become stronger and can deal with things better. Decisions come easier then they did. I do have real smiles not just the fake, I’m fine smile. And as I look back. I can’t say when this happened. But it’s still a work in progress. Today, my sister in law sent me a text in our back and forth I shared I wasn’t feeling well today. Very bad headache. Her concern and offer if I needed anything to let her know made me cry. Just the care that I felt and miss, brought tears. It’s a crazy mix of ups and downs that slowly turn into more ups then downs. Having this community is such a huge help. Never feel alone. ❤️ Robin