*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Its OK to not Be OK

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by eyepilot13, Mar 27, 2022.

1. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Thanks, brother Gary, for calling me a
    "great person",
    bc I was feeling "lonely in a crowd",
    unloved, and resentful of the loving
    couples around me. I'm so glad I brought
    my phone & could reach out to TGW, so I
    don't feel so sad. The live music just
    ended, so I'll take another walk, in hopes
    the wind has died down. Lou

Patti 61, Dreary and Gary166 like this.
  2. Van Gogh

Perfect timing, Bernadine. I feel lonely &
    sad, even though I'm among people in my
    local cafe. I cried over Linda this am, at
    home, and I'm a bit angry right now. As I
    told other GW, I'm glad I brought my
    phone, so I could "talk" with people, who
    understand the loneliness of grieving for
    a soulmate. Lou

Dreary, Countess Joy and Gary166 like this.
  3. Helena Beatriz

Helena Beatriz Well-Known Member

IMG_20220410_144025_kindlephoto-200227983.jpg IMG_20220410_144025_kindlephoto-200227983.jpg

The attached drawing was an inspiration from the picture that Gary sent Dove by the window.

4. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

B, you really hit the nail on the head with this post. I can't agree more. Grief is ours to behold, our own journey to share with those who understand and those who don't like you said, "let them be". Thanks for your post. Karen

5. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

Dreary, Gary166 and Van Gogh like this.
  6. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

George, I’m so happy you have some sun today. I hope it reached 60°! I have 45 feels like 41. But happy for some sun. Errands took longer then expected. But still hoping for a ride on the beach. If I get to go I’ll post pictures in case anyone would like to see. I hope you get fresh air and to go for a walk. We’re all there walking with you. ❤️

7. Van Gogh

Robin, could use some pictures. Feeling
    blue today. Turned out colder, with the
    wind, than I expected, so I went home.
    Tomorrow should be better. It was good
    to check in with my friends on GIC this
    afternoon, so I didn't feel as lonely. Lou

Dreary and Gary166 like this.
  8. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Yes, this cold is wearing on us but it’s sunny!! I’m all layered up. Didn’t hit the beach yet. But I’m still feeling it might happen. We bought sandwiches to have in her car. I love that you sit on “your bench” and feel Linda’s presence. I feel Ron in many places but on the ocean I always do. One of our first dates was on the beach. Nature in general is my medicine.
    I agree that George has dealt with so much horrific weather. He deserves a break. And needs a break.
    Robin

Dreary, Van Gogh and Gary166 like this.
  9. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

It’s brutally cold and windy here too. Sorry you’re feeling blue today. I get it.
    But if I get on the beach I’ll most certainly post pictures since you’d like some. I’m hoping to see seals playing in the water. Robin

10. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

That is so beautiful Helena. I can imagine all the beautiful thoughts and feelings going through your mind while creating that masterpiece. Your art is a reflection on your inner beauty. Gary

Dreary, Patti 61, Debra M and 2 others like this.
  11. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

I did the get out and walk thing! I'm glad all TGWs were there with me. Hazy sun skies turning silvery. Milder air with chill breeze. Got some crushed ice at the gas station... sat outside watching the endless stream of cars on the highway. 6 lanes of traffic... where are they all going? I think I might be a bit better. We shall see!

12. Helena Beatriz

George, hope your feel a little better being outside even if is cold the sun helps! traffic.... NO, but it's Sunday afternoon, they are going somewhere...
    I was thinking if we can use one day a week when you create your art and also I create mine, take a picture and share with TGW. Maybe is a good idea, what do you think? let me know so we can motivate each other with our creations! Sending you my love and peace. Helena

13. Helena Beatriz

Thanks Gary! I got the inspiration from your picture! and thanks to all my friends here that help me to see that it is not only me that is grieving, we lost our partners and we are here helping each other with our suffering and with so much support from TGW I'm getting inspiration to continue with one of my hobbies that I stopped six years ago pen and ink drawing which now I find my style has changed.
    Take care, sending your way love and peace. Helena

Dreary, Patti 61, Debra M and 2 others like this.
  14. eyepilot13

That sounds like a magnificent idea! I know that would motivate me! Let's pick a day!
    Much love!!! George

15. Helena Beatriz

Wednesday?

16. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Love that for you George! Thank you for sharing! ❤️ I’m at the beach. Buying our permit! Bringing smiles.

17. eyepilot13

Works for me!

Van Gogh and Gary166 like this.
  18. eyepilot13

Hooray for the Beach! I'm happy for you!

RLC, Patti 61, Dreary and 2 others like this.
  19. Dreary

Dreary Well-Known Member

You are so very talented, this is beautiful Helena......I am really glad you have begun again.....such talent should go unfulfilled, especially if it adds to your happiness. Hugs and wishes for sunshine and smiles everyday, Rita

20. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

Hooray for beach permits and smiles!

Gary166, Helena Beatriz and Van Gogh like this.