*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Im so lost without my son

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Shirley09, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Shirley09

Shirley09 Well-Known Member

How do I continue to give meaning to life when the person who gave meaning to mine is taken from me at a young age all of a sudden? I dont see why I should go on living without him. How can I continue to live when the person I was living for the past 11 years is gone?

2. Sandyclaws

Sandyclaws Member

So sorry for your loss .my son tommy was murdered 4/3/21 i cant live without him .we worked together and he was a great guy.this pain is unbearable

3. Shirley09

Im sorry to hear that. It really is and unimaginable.

4. Sandyclaws

Sandyclaws Member

Thank you.i dont wish this on anybody

5. Shirley09

exactly. no mother should have to go through out living their children. What has helped me as well is talking to mothers like you who are in similar situation. Just knowing Im not alone and people can relate has helped.

6. Sandyclaws

Sandyclaws Member

This is so hard im not sure how i will ever live with out him..thank you for being there for me ..my tommy was such a great guy he didnt deserve what happend to him

Attached Files:

7. Shirley09

thats been my thoughts since he left me. I never imagined my life without him till I was forced to. He was my life my everything. Now I feel like my life has no meaning. My body is here but my heart died with him. All we can do is try to get through one day at a time.

8. Sandyclaws

Sandyclaws Member

I so understand that .im hear but my heart is gone .we worked together we drove semi for walmart going back to work has been hard.my friends dont realize how bad its been they dont have a clue what im going thru.cant really talk to them

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  9. Shirley09

I hear you and Its the same for me. I cant really talk to any of my close friends none of them can relate. I pretty much dont talk to anyone else except for family and very close friend. Ive completely shut my self out with the rest. Ive been numb last couple of days havent not cried as much or felt tremendous pain.

Sandyclaws likes this.
  10. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

It is so very awful and unbelievable to lose a child. There isn't even any way to describe what this does to someone. The heaviness of it and the pain that feels like someone reached in and ripped a big hunk of your heart out is almost unbearable, isn't it.
    Other people have no idea what a mother goes through when this happens. But here you are with friends who have experienced the same thing and have been able to go on, so don't lose hope.
    Your loss is so fresh, just like Shirley's that it is hard to believe you can go on one more day without your child. I didn't think I could. I talked with a counselor who asked what I thought I would be doing 10 years from that day and I thought, "This man is crazy. I can't even make it through today and he is asking me what I will do in 10 years?" Obviously he had never lost a child or he would have known how ridiculous that question was at that time.
    I just want to encourage you to hang on. Eventually the pain will lessen and be less frequent and one day you will realize that you actually can function again.
    God can help you through this if you believe in Him and ask Him for help. He brought me through it when I thought it was impossible.
    We care about you.
    Stay in touch here where people understand how crazy the whole thing is.
    Chris

Sandyclaws and Shirley09 like this.
  11. Chris M 2000

Love you, Shirley

12. Shirley09

thank you for the love and care.

13. Sandyclaws

Sandyclaws Member

Im so losing patience with people to I hate when people come up and tell me I have to live day-for-day I live second for second i cant deal with this pain .im so lost he was my baby boy who prepares you for this type pain ..i dont know what to fo any more ..thank you for your kind words and reaching out its much appreciated it

14. Sandyclaws

Sandyclaws Member

15. Sandyclaws

Sandyclaws Member

I cant understand who i should live any more when he is gone this is not cross i wanted to bare .i tried take my own life friday. Nothings working..how are you. ?

16. Shirley09

Please please do not take your own life. Your son wouldnt want that. Be strong for the both of you. I wanted to desperately die with my son too. I often asked him to take me with him so we can be together again but we all know it doesnt work that way. You need to live for him. My numbness didnt last long im back to being in pain and missing him.

17. Chris M 2000

Sandy,
    I hear you and understand the desperation you feel. I had the same thoughts. I also felt there was no reason to go on living when your trasured child is gone. I kept thinking "Why am I here when he is gone?"
    Do you have any close friends or relatives you can call when you feel this way again?
    You are not alone. We are hear to listen and support you.

When you feel that desperate again, please take one of these steps:

1. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. They are available 24/7 to talk with you: 1-800-273-8255

or you can chat online with someone there at: suicidepreventionlifeline.org

2. Crisis Text Line Get Help Now: Free, 24/7, Confidential: Text START to 741-741

3. Call 911 or go to the emergency room of your hospital.

4. Ask your Dr, to recommend a counselor or psychiatrist who specializes in the loss of a child.

5. Visit the 'Compassionate Friends' website, whose purpose is supporting family after a child dies: www.compassionatefriends.org
    They have live online chat rooms each day of the week for parents who have lost a child.

We are here for you. We can listen and understand your feelings and sometimes it helps to get those feelings out to others who know how it is.
    We understand and know your pain and loss of purpose.

Sandyclaws likes this.
  18. Mom2him

Mom2him New Member

I lost my son Christopher in May he overdosed on fentanyl thinking he was taking a pain reliever He was the closest to me than other 2 children I can't accept that I won't here from him everyday anymore

Sandyclaws likes this.
  19. Mom2him

Mom2him New Member

I'm so lost without him I feel like part of me was ripped away

20. Shirley09

I feel your pain. I lost my only son and youngest. He was a mama's boy. We did anything and everything together. He would sleep in my room whenever I felt sad. My body is here but my heart and soul went with him.