*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I love my son

Discussion in 'Loss of Loved One to Violence/Murder' started by Ricky Judd, May 30, 2018.

1. Ricky Judd

Ricky Judd New Member

Loss my son that was in college about to graduate and had a shot for the NBA. I'm at a lost of hope and words wishing it was me instead.

2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Ricky, I am so sorry for your tragic loss. There is never a good time or good way to lose someone we love, but the loss of a child upsets the balance of the world in a way few other things can. I'm hoping you have some support in your life and people who can help you through as I'm sure your son was loved by many.
    It's good to take time for yourself and your own grief and I'm hoping by coming here you have found an outlet to cope.
    Please let me know if there is anything you need or if you have any questions about our site and how it works. We hope to be a help in any way we can.
    Please take care~

3. Ricky Judd

Ricky Judd New Member

I really don't have any support that's why I came to this site

Lue Treacer Brown likes this.
  4. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

I understand...it's hard to find good support or people who understand. I think a lot of people are scared off by loss and by a person's grief, and it can be hard to find people to talk to.
    This site was designed for just that reason. You can connect with others by viewing forums and finding someone whose story you can relate to. You can click on their name and "start a conversation" from there. That creates a private exchange between the two of you.
    You can also do a search through the "Make a Connection" tab and then clicking on "Find Others Who are Grieving".
    And of course we too are here to support you. If there is something specific you are struggling with, a challenge or question you have, please let me know! We really are here to help.

5. Malia Daguio

Malia Daguio Member

There are just so many thoughts, feelings and visions in the beginning. It is overwhelming to lose a child suddenly and at that age. I know I have felt like it was an unfulfilled promise, like some right was taken away or like I had climbed a mountain and when I reached the top fell into a crater.

I am nearing the 3 year mark for my son and it's complicated by other grief. What I can tell you is it's changed and the process of grief is painfully slow for us but I feel like the best thing I learned was that's ok. It is right, good and natural that we FEEL the loss.

And it's good you are here. It helps to speak the pain and that can be hard with those we know, especially as time goes on.

griefic and Ricky Judd like this.
  6. Ricky Judd

Ricky Judd New Member

Thank you for sharing that with me. I no I'm in the right place you sparked a light in my head and I like that. For the first time I can really have people to talk to and share my story and they can relate to how I feel. I really appreciate your time in responding back to me

griefic likes this.