*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I lost my only child

Discussion in 'Loss of Adult Child' started by Brokenhearted2020, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Brokenhearted2020

Brokenhearted2020 New Member

I'm new here...I've never done anything like this so please be patient. I lost my 30yr old Son in April 2020. He lost his battle with cancer...was diagnosed stage 4 in May 2019...and I'm lost without him. I pray everyday for strength to help me deal with this incredible loss. My heart is shattered in a million pieces.

2. Brihau

Brihau Active Member

I am so sorry for your loss. I also lost my only child. At times it’s unbearable. I believe that the grief is equal to the love. No words, or amount of time can change it, but we have to keep on. Let the world know what was lost.

3. Brokenhearted2020

Thank you for responding th
    Sometimes I wonder can I still refer to myself as a mom. Kyle was my only child and losing him 6 months ago has me wondering am I still a mom.. I loved being Kyle's mom and looked forward to being a Nana someday

4. Brihau

Brihau Active Member

I know what you’re saying,three of my daughters child hood friends had baby boys this summer. I’m glad for them and grateful to be in their lives in any way, but it’s like a knife in my heart that I will never hold her child.

5. Brokenhearted2020

I know. Kyle wasn't married and had no children. And his best friend just got engaged and it's fucked up because Kyle will never have that. I feel he was cheated and why did God choose him...I miss my boy so damn much My chest hurts

6. Brihau

Brihau Active Member

7. Brihau

Brihau Active Member

8. Amador 13

Amador 13 New Member

9. Amador 13

Amador 13 New Member

So sorry for your loss. I too have lost my only child my son of 34 yrs. totally unexpected. I don’t know where to go from here, went back to work. Trying to finding meaning in life. Thank you for your post.Having lost an only child is hell on earth

10. Daisy171

Daisy171 Well-Known Member

Of course you are still a mom. You were and are Kyle's mom and always be. The loss does not end the love or the relationship. I believe that your son, Kyle, is in heaven and he will welcome you there one day calling out for his mom. Never doubt that you are still a mom.