*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I lost my daughter to covid

Discussion in 'Loss to COVID-19' started by Grayskies2, Feb 15, 2022.

1. Grayskies2

Grayskies2 New Member

I lost my 29-year-old pregnant daughter to covid induced pneumonia and a whole in the lung, The baby was born at 30 weeks. thank God she didn't have it and has survived it she will be 5 moths old on the 24th of this month. I have her three children. This was such a shock it happened so fast, and she had not preexisting illness's. I'm lost I am mad it does not feel real even though I know it is.

2. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Grayskies2,
    I am so very sorry for the tragic loss of your daughter. I can’t even imagine losing one of my children. Thank goodness your little sweet granddaughter survived and is growing stronger each day. My heart breaks for you, I can feel your pain through your writing. I’m on this site because I lost my husband very suddenly to a massive heart attack 3 years ago. He had no health issues no previous signs. We had a very normal Saturday, running errands, buying all the groceries for our Thanksgiving dinner. Then at 9:30pm he had stomach virus symptoms that turned quickly to chest pains. The ambulance got him to the hospital but they couldn’t save him. I lost my soul mate at 11:34 pm. Just 2 hours after this nightmare started. Ron and I were together 44 years, married 41 years. And my life was turned upside down. I’ve never lived alone until now, we were together 24/7 , we owned and ran a business together that I had to empty and close. Your life has been turned upside down too. Like I already mentioned I can’t even imagine. Our losses are different for sure. But the pain and disbelief are the same. Please remember to take care of yourself. You’re now caring for 3 children and mourning your daughter, my guess is that you’re putting yourself last because that’s what we do. Your daughters children need you to take care of you. I hope you have help and support from family and friends. Hug and hold your grandchildren close, I know they miss their Mom, this has to be so hard. On you all. Make lists to help you remember things and help clear your mind. I know your daughter is watching over you and so thankful for all you’re doing. Visit this site often and read and share stories. I credit this site for pulling me out of a very deep dark place. Everyone on this site understands your pain and offer support with no judgement ever.
    Please take care and know that you’re not alone.
    Sending you hugs, love and prayers. Robin

3. Grayskies2

Grayskies2 New Member

RLC
    I lost my husband in 2014 July 4th he was sick he was a very fragile diabetic. He lost his kidneys and he got worse. He was in and out of the hospital for about 4 months. I was there every step of the way we met late in life I had been married twice before he once it took us almost a lifetime to find each other but we clicked he was the one I had been waiting on my whole life, we were together 24/7. We shared time dreams and 7 years together we were only married a year and 3 months when he passed away on July 4,2014 at 11:40 pm my life stopped, and the world kept going. i shut down more or less I went through the days not sure how i made it through losing him still think of him and miss him every day. The pain was so unexplainable my daughter was there for me the whole way. Now I've lost her i was young when i had her we grew up together we were more than mother daughter she was my best friend. Now that i have lost her my first baby I am more lost than ever except this time I feel nothing at times then I feel like I'm just going to explode and I break then as soon as it's over with I am back to feeling nothing again I know this is not how I grieve, and it bothers me that i cannot feel more. She was my child my first bon and I can't feel anything!!!! Wha is wrong with me I see a councilor but i know anyone that can't seem to get it out to deal with. it just does not feel right i should be grieving more feeling more and I'm not I know I have allot going on I have her 3 and my children. Yes, her children more the 6-year-old the 3-year-old does not understand the baby she never got to see. just trying to see if anyone felt this way or if I'm the only one...

4. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry, you’ve been through a lot. I’m not a counselor by any means. But I have felt numb while mourning Ron. Not consistently. But I have. To me it feels like Im hurting so much I just become numb. The pain is so deep that we can’t even process it. I’m sorry you only had 1 yr 3 mos of marriage. I had 41 years and it wasn’t long enough. I’m learning thst forever wouldn’t be long enough. And that’s how you know you’re with the right person. So sad tour daughter snd granddaughter never got to see each other. She’ll learn through you and her older siblings how special her Mom was. You have so much to deal with and with the young children and a baby to care for it’s like you don’t have time to mourn. I know getting support from family or friends can be difficult. They don’t understand just how painful this is but I’m hoping you have people looking out for you.
    Keep sharing on here it’s good to let your emotions and thoughts out. Robin