*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I lost my Dad

Discussion in 'Loss to COVID-19' started by LunaW, Sep 7, 2021.

1. LunaW

LunaW New Member

Is has been just over 3 months since I lost my Dad to Covid. I still can’t believe that he is gone and that this virus took him. He was only 63.

Both my mom and my dad had Covid at the same time and both landed up on ventilators. My mom survived. I never got to say goodbye or visit him at the hospital during the 3 weeks he was there.
    it hurts to know that he died alone.

how will I ever move on without him.

2. PearlGoblin892

PearlGoblin892 New Member

I lost my stepdad two months ago to COVID. We never got to visit him either. We were allowed on the last day when we had to take him off the ventilator. But there was no soul left in him at the point, he looked like a shell of a man. What he went through alone, we will never know. It hurts to think about that...what he was feeling while he was intubated, unable to communicate, his only human connection was the doctors and nurses who were swamped with other patients.

I'm angry he didn't get the vaccine and I'm angry hospitals won't let families visit even if it's risky. We would've signed a liability waiver in a heartbeat but there was no room for that. It's so painful for their loved ones. Such a horrible situation all around. I feel your pain. I don't know how I will move on either.