*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I lost my 21 year old son January 25th walking home hit by a car

Discussion in 'Loss of Adult Child' started by 023latarsha, Apr 10, 2022.

1. 023latarsha

023latarsha New Member

My 21 year old son was killed walking home hit by a car

2. 023latarsha

023latarsha New Member

I could really use some feedback please

3. Olive Tree Project

Olive Tree Project New Member

I'm so sorry for your loss and you are experiencing this pain.
    Please try and take care of yourself the best you can and allow yourself time and space.
    Do you have support? xx
    I also suddenly lost my 21 year old son in July 2020 due to accidental drug overdose.

4. 023latarsha

023latarsha New Member

I'm about to go get some therapy but haven't started it yet..

5. wolfdream

wolfdream Active Member

I'm so sorry your son was taken from you. It must be overwhelming dealing with his sudden death. I am glad you are seeking some support to help you cope with the shock and trauma, to process your grief. It's too hard to deal with this alone. All the multitude of emotions or just shock and numbness, everything is so normal to be experiencing right now. It's devastating, heartbreaking and gut wrenching. I hope you find people who will help you through this tragic fate. You are forever that boy's mother and your bond will always be alive. That can never be taken away from you. I hope you can take some heart that you can reach out to others here in similar rocky grief boats and you are not sailing alone.

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  6. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear that you have lost your dearly-beloved son. What is his name?
    We lost our son at 28 years old as a result of suicide.
    Please share your feelings and questions here as you feel led. It does help to have someone to listen who truly understands the almost unbearable pain and weight this brings on. May God grant you the strength to get through this first year.
    We care about you.
    Chris