*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I know there’s no wrong way to grieve but…

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Countess Joy, Nov 21, 2021.

1. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Yay for you & Hobby, Karen. You will have
    many fun stories for us, especially for
    Bernadine! Lou

2. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

F748E7AA-1EF4-4071-9B0B-B20FCF28D427.jpeg

Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  3. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

Great news about your kitty Karen. It’s been almost 15 months since losing my beloved Cheerful Cheryl. Thanks to Zuba’s books and Invisible Ink my relationship with Cheryl continues. I believe to the core of my being that Cheryl’s nonphysical presence is with me some of the time. The kitty will ignite your love mechanism again and you will move forward. I finally became aware of people who were trying to love me. Living in grief has been like trying to move with a full body cast on. Love shatters the cast and lets us breath and opens our eyes to see and understand other people. I feel like I’ve been living a dream the last two months by feeling and expressing love. I never imagined that I would ever have that feeling again. It pays to keep on keeping on. In this moment I love everyone. Gary

Rose69, Countess Joy and Van Gogh like this.
  4. Van Gogh

Wow, a "full body cast". Great analogy,
    brother Gary. I've been feeling love for
    most people, too. I like to greet tourists, and share a laugh. I was sitting on a bench
    on our boardwalk, with a local guy, whose
    soulmate died 3 years ago. We go to the cafe Fri. nights for live music. An older
    woman from out of town sat next to us,
    while her daughter went shopping. Turns
    out she was a widow, and had been coming
    with her late husband to my small town
    every summer. We said our soulmates were no longer with us physically. We had
    a moment of silence, then talked about the
    good times. It was good to reach out. Lou

Rose69, cjpines and Gary166 like this.
  5. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

And she's taking on the same personality my cat, Rambo had. I'm thrilled. She needs a name, can't seem to come up with any. Must be my foggy brain that keeps visiting me.

Gary166 and Van Gogh like this.
  6. cjpines

Gary your words are so beautiful, you really have a way expressing feelings so well. We all are at different stages in this journey.

After 20 months I'm experiencing flashbacks of denial I had the first year. I'm feeling Jack all over this house and property like he's still here. I thought I came to realize he's gone and never coming back, but I guess I've been in denial and didn't know it.
    It's quite disturbing and a sense of depression. I know it will pass, but it's so weird.

This kitty is taking on Rambo, Jack's cat's personality that died a two months ago. Maybe Rambo is reincarnated. This kitty acts just like Rambo, I'm shocked.

That is remarkable loving everyone, that's God's way. Thank you for your wonderful words Gary, much appreciated. K

Gary166, Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  7. cjpines

B, that was so nice of you to post Maggie's congratulations. K

8. cjpines

GOOD MORNING WARRIORS. LET'S TRY TO MAKE TODAY A GOOD DAY, GOOD SPIRITS, GOOD BLESSINGS AND GRATITUDE. Karen

9. Van Gogh

Thanks, Karen. My day today: morning
    cry for Linda, in bed, telling her I love
    her & miss her. Pushed Mr. G aside,
    kicked my ass out of bed. Walked past
    the timeless ocean, with the sun shining
    on it. I said a prayer of gratitude that I'm
    still alive, and in this beautiful place, even
    though Linda is not by my side--physically.
    I sit on the same bench , on which
    Linda,sat with me , as we gazed out to
    sea. Now, I'm sitting on the Neck, our
    promenade. I'm wearing a T-shirt from
    my favorite cafe. The bottom part says
    "Joy in the belly", which makes me smile. L

Rose69, cjpines and Gary166 like this.
  10. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

Thanks Karen for all your positivity. It is contagious. Maybe the kitten feels Jack’s presence taking on the personality of Rambo. Our connection with animals and nature is healing. I was mowing Friday and a copper colored butterfly flew into my face. I stopped and thought that must be my beloved Cheerful Cheryl cheering me on. I am trying to do some yard work before the heat wave settles in this week. It’s very pleasant listening to the birds in the shade with a cool breeze. Just plugging along mindlessly from one simple task to another stopping and resting. Grateful to Cheryl for creating such a beautiful atmosphere in our home and yard. Gary