*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I can't go on without him

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by karenfd, Jan 28, 2021.

1. karenfd

karenfd Member

On November 20, 2019, I lost my dad. I am 58 years old, and he was my Karen whisperer. I have a wonderful, kind, special husband, who I always say, was plucked from the Heavens. I can't even convey the huge loss I feel in my heart, from the loss of my dad. He took almost half of my heart with him. He was my other person. He protected me from my mom's family. He would and did anything, to protect me from them, or anyone else in this world. He was at home, in hospice, for 9 weeks. He was coherent, but weak. Of course he got weaker, as time went on. When the nurse gathered us to tell us he was close to dying, we all stood around him, praying and after the last word of the prayer, I put my hand on his chest and then he took his final breath. I have never seen anyone inahale and then nothing. I think I will carry that with me for a lifetime, and I don't know if that is good or bad. My family has turned their back on me, for something that happened to me when I was young. That hurts immensely, because I used to have a family. And now I don't. I don't even have any friends, as they seem to have drifted away. Now I sit at home, everyday, by myself, alone. I don't know how to live in a world without my father.

LonelyLexi805 likes this.