*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Husband passed

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Dflood, Feb 20, 2022.

1. Dflood

Dflood New Member

My husband passed away feb 17. We just moved to Tennessee in July 2021. Im so devastated and cant function

Rose69 and Countess Joy like this.
  2. Debra M

Debra M Well-Known Member

Hi, my name is Debra, and I'm so sorry for your loss! And I do understand how you feel because my husband passed on February 11th. I know how much grief you are going through, and there are a lot of members here that are so caring and so empathetic, and they are good "listeners" as well. And please feel free to reach out to me anytime...

Helena Beatriz likes this.
  3. Dflood

Dflood New Member

My son was here and he had to go back to Florida. We just moved to TN in July so I dont know too many people. Feel so alone

4. Debra M

I'm so sorry, that you feel so alone, and I know that must be really difficult, not knowing too many people. And I would like to be your friend and please feel free to reach out to me anytime... and you will be in my thoughts...

5. MJL

MJL Member

Hi. How awful to feel so alone after such an awful ordeal. My husband passed 3 weeks ago. It has been hard. Is there a grief support group that you can join in your area? That might help having people near.
    Caring lots!

MJ

6. Dflood

Dflood New Member

im so sorry for your loss also Debra. i think we both need to take one step at a time.

7. Debra M

Thank you so very much. I appreciate that. And I agree, we both do need to take one step at a time. And I will be here for you anytime...

8. Dflood

Dflood New Member

How do you get through each day

9. Debra M

Hi, and thank you so much for replying to my post. And it is most definitely the most extremely painful ordeal EVER!! And I'm so sorry for your loss as well. I do know how hard this is, and my heart goes out to you.
    Unfortunately, there is not a support group nearby, but I am going to be getting some counseling for myself and my two daughters over the phone... and thank you so much again for your caring and so very kind reply. And you will be in my thoughts...
    Caring lots also!!
    And take care always,
    Debra

QUOTE="MJL, post: 25530, member: 28123"]Hi. How awful to feel so alone after such an awful ordeal. My husband passed 3 weeks ago. It has been hard. Is there a grief support group that you can join in your area? That might help having people near.
    Caring lots!

MJ[/QUOTE]

10. Debra M

It is definitely not easy, because I just can't sleep through the night, I keep waking up and crying. So I just sit down with paper and a pen and make a list of what I have to do the next day, being careful not to overwhelm myself... and I also have to keep the thought that I just need to keep going somehow, because I know my husband would have wanted me to, even though of is so very hard...

11. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

Good morning ladies, I haven’t had a chance to greet each of you individually but I read some of your posts and wanted to take a moment to welcome you.
    Today is 16 weeks since my partner, Kenn died. We were together for 23 years.
    Learning to navigate the day, just getting through one hour sometimes, is hard work. For me it comes in waves.
    We’re learning to be gentle with ourselves in the most challenging moments, knowing we’re doing what’s possible today and not expecting more of ourselves.
    Grief can be confusing and exhausting, making a list is a great idea, and not doing anything on your list is ok too.
    I’m glad you are here and connecting with others who understand your losses. It helps to have a place to check in and not have to explain why you feel so tired, or the number of tears you’ve cried. They’re just part of what we experience.
    There’s no advice in this group you have to take. Sharing what might have helped for us is our way of supporting each other, encouraging each other. We all have different ways we experience grief, but we’re all here living with the grief of loosing our partners.
    ~Bernadine

Debra M likes this.
  12. Debra M

Good morning, Bernardine
    And thank you so much for your warm response to my post. And I'm so sorry for your loss. And I do feel like making a list is great, as well, thank you. It does help me to try and get the things done that need to be taken care of, and at the same time, I try not to be too hard on myself for not having enough energy to do everything on the list. It's true that every one here is supportive as well as encouraging each other, and I feel like that is something we all do need. And I have found, in the past few days that I have been on GIC, that the members here are so very kind as well as supportive and empathetic. And I intend to continue to stay on this site, also offering my support and encouragement to every one here.
    Take care always, and please feel free to reach out to me.

Debra

13. Debra M

Hi, I just wanted to say that I'm always going to be here anytime you would like to correspond, and that you are in my thoughts...
    Take care always
    Debra

14. Gigif

Gigif New Member

I lost my husband 3/30/22, this has been so traumatic, he was sick with vascular and artery disease, and passed from a heart attack. Today I had to talk to someone about it and went through the whole thing again and was re traumatized all over again.

Countess Joy likes this.
  15. Debra M

Hi, my name is Debra, and I just want to say that I'm so sorry for the loss of your husband. And I know how extremely devastatingly painful it is to go through this traumatic experience, as I lost my husband on February 11th. And I'm so glad that you found GIC, because there are very empathetic, very caring people here, and we all are supportive of each other. And I understand how you feel, having to go through the whole thing again is traumatizing. And please feel free to correspond with me anytime.
    Take care always
    Debra

16. Gigif

Gigif New Member

Hi Debra, Thank you for welcoming me.

Debra M likes this.
  17. Gigif

Gigif New Member

Hi Debra, I received a box of things ups today that a friend of my husband's had. Going through the things in the box which were mostly paperwork and some pictures gave me anxiety.

18. Debra M

Hi. And thank you so much for reaching out to me. It is so important to have the support of other people, and you will find that people here on GIC are very empathetic and caring as well as supportive, and so it is so good that you have found this site. And I totally understand why going through the box gave you anxiety, and I'm so sorry!! I know that this is just even more pain on top of what you are going through! And I'm hoping that you will somehow have more peaceful days. Do you have any family members that you can reach out to? I only have a couple, and they don't live close by.
    And know that I'm keeping you in my thoughts, and feel free to reach out to me anytime. Take care always!!
    Debra

19. Debra M

Hi, and you're so welcome! I know exactly what you are going through, and I'm always here for you.
    Debra

20. xell13

xell13 Active Member

Hi. my name is Alex. I lost my husband to Covid on 2/19/22. I’m so sorry for your loss. i have found good friends here that understand and are very supportive. Glad I found this site. Prayers.