*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

How do you move on after the death of your mother

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by DHSMSW, Jan 7, 2024.

1. DHSMSW

DHSMSW New Member

My mom was my best friend and she passed away after a short battle with sepis. I was having dinner with her on Wednesday of last week and she passed away yesterday. I am still on shock and dumb. She was 64 years old and I am 41. I am afraid to navigate a world without her and am afraid of the hole that is now there in my heart and in my life.

erinmariebenson and MICHAEL2023 like this.
  2. Di*

Di* New Member

I too just lost my Mom. She had a stroke that caused a massive brain bleed and there was nothing they could do. It was just over a week ago and I feel like there is a huge hole in my world. She was my best friend. We talk everyday. We moved a year and a half ago to be closer to my parents, to help them as they age as well as they were helping us. They are letting us build on their property so we live about 300 feet from them. I feel broken. I am constantly holding back tears. I have three kids at home, I homeschool, and now I am trying to take care of my Dad. I am taking care of their finances and bills as he has never done that. I feel so overwhelmed and have no idea how to cope with this loss.

MICHAEL2023 likes this.
  3. Srisri

Srisri New Member

Same here brother just date change

4. Srisri

Srisri New Member

5. lorrainetangs

lorrainetangs New Member

My mom also just passed from sepsis. She was fine one day. Thought she had covid and was gone within days. She was also 64 and passed the day before her birthday. I’m lost. I’m broken. “She died” is on repeat in my head and I am so devastated. I’m so sorry that you’re experiencing the same thing.

6. I just suddenly lost my mother to sepsis as well. I relate to everything you said. I've never felt so lost and alone in my life. It's scary.

erinmariebenson and omgamc like this.
  7. omgamc

omgamc New Member

I relate to this post so much! My mom was 68 and I am 40. My mom was also my best friend and she also passed shortly after battling sepsis, too! I don't have the words to express what I am feeling but I think you articulated it.

8. omgamc

omgamc New Member

It doesn't matter how old we are... we will always need and want our mother.

erinmariebenson likes this.
  9. Seasons

Seasons New Member

Hi I have a app you may like to join with us found at parallelsgroup.com

10. erinmariebenson

erinmariebenson New Member

Hi there - I lost my mom to a heart attack in July 2023. I was living in a separate city at the time and was on the phone with her when it happened, I felt so helpless. As you all have mentioned, my mom was also my best friend. She was the best, she had the greatest sense of humor, I could talk to her about anything and everything. She always made my days better. I'm an only child - this is the only time of my life I've wished I had a sibling to lean on. I have had a rollercoaster of a relationship with my dad that I thought was getting better, but this experience has shown me he cannot be counted on, unfortunately. As my good friend says when it comes to relationships in my life - if not now, when?

Anyways, I am here if you need someone to talk to. #momlossunite

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  11. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

I am sorry for your loss.
    There is a scripture that says, "He is a friend that sticks closer than a brother" and another that says, "Those who believe in the Lord will never be disappointed". My husband saw that scripture on a plaque on my organ and said what does that mean? We have all been disappointed in our relationships with other people and them with us. It means you will never be disappointed in your relationship with Jesus. He has a love for us that we can't even imagine. After all he gave his life for us so we could be forgiven and have a relationship with God. He is a solid rock that we can lean upon and count on to always be there for our good.
    Forgive those you feel have let you down. I say this for your own good. Bitterness and unforgivenss can destroy us. I know. I have been there.
    I care about you.
    Stay in touch.
    Chris

MICHAEL2023 and erinmariebenson like this.
  12. erinmariebenson

erinmariebenson New Member

Thank you for sharing these words, Chris. My mom was a devout Christian. I grew up a Christian, but I lost my way the last 15 years. I turned back to God after my mom passed. He worked in my life, and continues to work in my life, in ways I cannot comprehend (i.e. your message above). If it wasn't for my relationship with the Lord I would be in a very dark place (I know this because I was in a dark place before my mom passed, trying to live life on my own terms doing my own thing). God is good.

The scripture you mentioned "Those who believe in the Lord will never be disappointed" Romans 10:11 is followed by "How wonderful is the coming of messengers who bring good news" Romans 10:15

Thank you for being one of those messengers :) I needed that reminder.

Chris M 2000 and MICHAEL2023 like this.
  13. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

Those are such encouraging words you sent.

erinmariebenson likes this.