*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Hi I'm new here

Discussion in 'Loss of Child' started by CJ Moorefield, Aug 1, 2016.

1. CJ Moorefield

CJ Moorefield Member

Hello I'm new here. I've never talked to anyone really about my loss. I mean everyone knows I lost my first child 8 years ago but I've never talked to anyone because I didn't know I could do it with anyone that has gone thru the same thing. But I heard the online support groups were a good way of coping. So I'm kinda willing to try anything right now.

2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Hi CJ, we're glad you're here. It can be so hard to talk about our losses, even with our closest family and friends. This site was created for exactly that reason - to connect with people who have had a similar loss and who have a better understanding of what you are going through. I hope here you can find the support and comfort you need.

3. CJ Moorefield

CJ Moorefield Member

Thank you. And you're very right. Talking about him helps but it's hard to talk to someone that doesn't completely understand the loss.

4. Ann

Ann New Member

Hi CJ My son died suddenly 4 yrs ago this past month my pain is acute and I suffer it everyday I'm a good listener if you wish to share I have yet to development any coping skills please let me know how I can help I know the pain you must be carrying

Sincere regards for you loss

Ann

Sajudaed2018 likes this.
  5. marie2015

marie2015 New Member

Hey I lost my baby to a miss miscarriage march 17 2016. I had my d&c done. I feel like my hope life has been ripped up looking gor someone who can understand me and maybe help me get through this

6. CJ Moorefield

CJ Moorefield Member

You are completely right. It is very difficult to talk to somebody that doesn't understand. That's the reason I never looked into councling for it. I wouldn't be able to be nice to someone that said they understood when then dont.

7. CJ Moorefield

CJ Moorefield Member

I am so very sorry for your loss. How old was he if you don't mind me asking. In my personal experience talking about the good times that you had helps alot. And if you have anymore children spend time with them helps out alot too.

Sajudaed2018 likes this.
  8. CJ Moorefield

CJ Moorefield Member

I'm sorry for your loss. I personally have never had a miscarriage. I couldn't imagine that loss. I watched my sisters go through that. All you can do is try to stay positive and cherish every second you had with that baby. And cherish the children you have or will have when you have them.

9. Angelita

Angelita Member

Missing my boy as well!!
    Would love to Chat...

10. CJ Moorefield

CJ Moorefield Member

would love to chat too

11. CJ Moorefield

CJ Moorefield Member

I am so glad I'm not the only one that feels like that. For the last 8 yrs my mother has tried to get me to go to counseling and I won't because ik for a fact I won't be able to be nice to someone if they said they knew how I felt and they had never experienced it