*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Here, Then Gone

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Froggie4635, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Daniel

Daniel New Member

Thanks I need them also. My 12 year old daughter has been very strong. In a conversation I had with for some reason I asked what are we going to do now and she looked at me and said dad we are going to live

griefic likes this.
  2. OK2CRY

OK2CRY Member

You have a very strong and wise daughter. Wow! How proud you must be. Her mama would be so proud too. I will continue to pray for you and your family.

3. Floridagirl33

Floridagirl33 New Member

4. Floridagirl33

Floridagirl33 New Member

Very similar to what I went thru...it has been 14 years and yet that day continues to haunt me. It just happened so fast ....hard to wrap your mind around how someone can be taken so quickly from us. I am still trying to find my way back ....always here for you.....

5. OK2CRY

OK2CRY Member

This venue is so important! I am finding it very healing just to be able to talk with others about my situation even if it's not quite the same. The pain is the same. The loss is the same. The loneliness is the same. Thank you for helping me to not feel alone. Feel free to message me for anything.

griefic likes this.
  6. john

john Active Member

7. john

john Active Member

Floridagirl33 I. Feel your pain my wife died of a certain heart attack on april11 this year.she was 61 we had been married for 40 years no no one has any answers
    No reasons and it really hard when they just leave us there is nothing anybody can say unless they have walked in our shoes
    So sorry you have to through this

8. john

john Active Member

9. john

john Active Member

Ok2cry I am So sorry for your loss. sorry you have to to through this grief
    I lost my wife on april 11 of a certain heart attack we had been married for 40years
    Carolyn was 61 you are not alone

10. muse

muse New Member

In my own way, I really know how you are and have been feeling! I lost my husband suddenly and unexpectedly February 1, 2014. I'm functioning better. I'm deeply crying less. However, I not only lost my husband, but I lost his family, my family and basically my friends. It's a long story. However, these losses happened over the last 2 1/2 years after he died. Today, I'm in a lot of pain. My latest loss has been my three daughters not wanting me to live near them. How many losses can you take after your best friend and love of your life dies suddenly and unexpectedly.
    I only needed my husband in my life. We were so happy with each other. The other noise outside of our relationship could be whatever it was whenever it was. Don't get me wrong, I valued all of my human relationships. However, sometimes pet relationships were more satisfying.
    Now, I do continue to have my pet relationships. They are my companions. So, now, I've become the old woman and her cat & dog! LOL
    Let's keep corresponding. I'm not feel very good today. I hope you are feeling better than I do.

11. john

john Active Member

ok2cry you are not alone it is ok 2 cry and we can all bear witness to each others pain and heart ache I've been wanting to cry all day long it is hard enough when our love ones leaves us but when the just die all of a certain its like a piece of us is torn from us I have never faced such heart ache in my whole life and I know some day I will smile again just maybe someday I will laugh again someday

12. john

john Active Member

so by listening and reading each others pain and heartache we are bearing witness to each other and letting there grief into our heart so we feel their pain also

13. Laura Spell

Laura Spell New Member

I lost my Dad two weeks ago. Car wreck. I had to ID him. I was the first to be called. I'm lost. Any advice welcome. I'm so numb.

14. john

john Active Member

So sorry for you loss Laura so sorry for your loss. that must have been awful I lost both my parents lost my dad due to cancer and my mother due to alzthymhert several years back but you having to id your dad I can't imagine what you must be going through Laura talk to the Lord bout it Laura let him give you his peace

15. Keara Love

Keara Love Member

I am 18 years old, i have had a rough life.. i am a single mom to a beautiful son, named Malachi. Cody was my Ex and my bestfriend. He was coming home from a party late one night at about 2:00 am. I had my phone turned off cause Malachi Can't sleep.. He was Drunk and hit by the train.. Malachi was left without a dad, and i was left without the love of my life.

16. Tara Wehry

Tara Wehry Member

I feel your pain, I lost my loving husband of 24 years about a week and a half ago. Sometimes I feel I should have sensed something wasn't right. I wish I could go back in slow motion and see what I missed. He was what I thought one of the healthiest men I know. I mean he was my husband I of all people should know when things aren't how they appear. I know you miss him so much. I will never stop missing Frank. His death was sudden of cardiac arrest. They just couldn't save him. May God in his unconditional love help you through your mourning

17. Tara Wehry

Tara Wehry Member

Amen 12 and 15?are a hard age, but loosing their mom so young sucks like nothing else. I feel for all of you. May God be with you at this terrible time

18. Tara Wehry

Tara Wehry Member

Sudden death is the hardest to go through, you aren't prepared for such an adjustment. You can't believe that your loved one is gone. I know people keep telling me Frank is in my heart, but it just isn't the same. I can't text him anymore. I miss our talks I'll never get to say I love you again. Your life nor mine will ever be the same. We were married 24 years. It's just so unreal. Be good to yourself. Try to be patient with youself. Don't expect too much from yourself. God is patient with us. He knows what we're going through. He hadn't forsaken me or you. Remember he had to watch as his own son died for us on a cross. He loves us and will be with us every step of the way

19. Tara Wehry

Tara Wehry Member

Be good to yourself, put yourself first you've been through a tremendous ordeal. Take all the time you need to heal. And if some people can't deal with that then to hell with them. I'm sure you'll run into people who are quick to judge. I haven't with my husband, but I did with both my mom and my dad. I just say they have no idea what grieving people go though and are so ignorant. I try to pray for them because everyone on God's green earth must face this whether we want to or not. Try not to let people get to you. Like Jesus said forgive them for they know not what they do. May God's undying love see you through this difficult time

20. Tara Wehry

Tara Wehry Member

Apologies to know one for crying. God gave us emotions for a reason. I lost my loving husband a week and a half ago. It was sudden unexpected and I still expect to see him when ever I go to my condo unt because that's where we spent the last 14 years.. We were married 24 years. As long as our hearts beat we will mourn. Hopefully the pain will lessen in time, but unfortunately it won't go away until we are called by God to join our love ones in paradise. Then nothing will ever separate you from God or your loved one again